Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you expect from your au pair?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

If the host family are not sticking to agreements/contract you have made, what's the best way to broach the subject?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dosed

just talk to them. say that X wasnt what you agreed at the beginning. If its something they really want you to do then maybe try to negotiate, eg: yes I will do an extra night of babysitting this week, but I will not do as much ironing as i would usually do. Or yes I will do an extra nights babysitting, but because we didnt agree it You will have to pay me for the extra hours.

Dont let yourself be walked over, but do try to compremise if at all possible.

Also try to bring up the fact that you have a problem as soon as posible, because they may not even be aware that they are asking something of you that you didnt agree to.

Advertisement