Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spaghetti?

Options
  • 13-06-2009 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hello to all

I was cooking a spaghetti bolognese last night and I find it difficult to get the pasta folded in underneath the water.

is there a technique for doing this? i seen jamie oliver putting all the spaghetti around the bowl. but i cant do that. he's too flash. lol. i'd f****** burn toast if i was left at it. lol.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I usually just let the pasta boil and slowly push it into the water with a fork as the immersed ends soften. Usually takes a minute or so to get it all in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

irish_goat wrote: »
    I usually just let the pasta boil and slowly push it into the water with a fork as the immersed ends soften. Usually takes a minute or so to get it all in.

see now thats what i do. but its a bit head wreckin.

Grab hold of pasta with both hands, smack stack in the centre of the pot, twist and release. Leave.
    Hardly flash.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You could try boiling the kettle as well, put the spaghetti into the pot(not full) of boiling water and then pour the kettle over the middle of the spaghetti to soften that up quicker then get the trusty old fork in there. Depending on how much you're cooking it might be doable to use a pair of tongs, grab the whole lot of the spaghetti as it's hard, dip one end in for about half a min then flip it over in the water.(if that makes sense)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Grab hold of pasta with both hands, smack stack in the centre of the pot, twist and release. Leave.
    Hardly flash.

flash, when you dont know how to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

if the pot is large enough (with enough water) it will take only 1 or 2 minutes for the spaghetti to soften and then you can gently push what's left outside into the boiling water.

Advertisement