Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

95% of Irish people believe in god

2»

Comments

jimbling wrote: »
    Believing in God and been religious are two completely different things.

Been religious in past tense?

Yes, that mistake REALLY annoys me. It's a different TENSE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

bluewolf wrote: »
    Been religious in past tense?

Yes, that mistake REALLY annoys me. It's a different TENSE.

How does grammatical pettiness rank on the cosmic scale according to Buddha? To me it's rather important but I'd imagine that the enlightened master may have intended other things to occupy your thoughts :)

Zillah wrote: »
    How does grammatical pettiness rank on the cosmic scale according to Buddha? To me it's rather important but I'd imagine that the enlightened master may have intended other things to occupy your thoughts :)

I'm sure it falls under Right Speech ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Right Action: Thanking post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Húrin wrote: »
    In which case hardly anyone cares enough to change the status quo. It doesn't mean that people are fervently behind the Catholicism of most hospitals and schools.

Its not the case that hardly anyone cares. For example, in a RedC poll last year 72% of parents said that they want primary schools to be managed by the state, with equal opportunity afforded to all religions.

There is a lack of political will, but recent (and upcoming) reports may change that; there was a debate in the Seanad yesterday that included the subject of church control of schools and any support for the status quo was based around the financial cost of changing it.
    I am a theist and I think that these places should be secularised too. So try not to stereotype people.
    That wasn't my intention.

Advertisement