Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JCB line trimmer

Options
  • 13-06-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I got one of these about 3 years ago but it's giving me terrible gyp lately. I use it to trim close to wooden fences and concrete, so the cord snaps off with a depressing regularlity. But lately, it's not spooling itself on like I think it should. It stops trimming (obviously) and I have to remove the whole trim cord housing thing and wind it on manually. I have to do this every 5 mins or so and it's starting to p*ss me off no end. To such a degree that I'm thinking of paving over the whole sodding thing just to avoid this ar*eache.

So is it something I'm doing wrong when unspooling it? I followed the instructions in the user manual, letting it out about 3 inches on each side (there's 2 cords, well 1 cord, but coming out in 2 places). I don't do anything after except snap back the housing and restart strimming.

Anything else I could/should be doing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

Take the whole spool head apart and clean every bit of it with WD-40, sometimes the part thats spring loaded for the bump feed gets built up with dirt. Maybe worth trying a lighter cord either. If all else fails best job is to replace the spool altogether. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

i know how you feel i have the same trouble with a flymo one i have.

Advertisement