Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend/Prestige Sports car insurance ... ?

• 13-06-2009 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey,

I am looking at buying a used Jaguar XK8 convertible in the UK. (1998-2001)

I would be using the car as a weekend car.

Is there a Prestige car insurance policy I could get ? One which would be cheap because I would be only driving the car - SAT & SUN putting up very very little miles per year

The engine is 3996cc /4.0 litre V8

Do you know if such a policy or insurance cover exists ? And if so where would I look for it ... ?

Something similar to classic car insurance which entails limited milage per year & certain restrictions on driving time & where the vehicle is kept etc..

CHEERS !

PS > Forgot to mention I have 2 other cars insured with insurance company. This wouldn't be my only car insured ... If this has any effect ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭cop41

Any ideas ... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Cop, what you seek does'nt exist.

some options for you - As you have other cars, ask your existing insurer to mirror you exiting NCB on the jag.

Otherwise, seek trade insurance to cover your entire fleet.

HTH's.

Thanks for the reply niceirishfella!

When I got the second car I have, I had to start out a fresh new NCB as the insurance company (Hibernian) wouldnt let me carry over the NCB onto a second policy aswell as the first. So I had to start off with a zero NCB which means my insurance on that car is very high and not what it should be.

How could I go about insuring my cars under Trade Insurance ? Is this something similar to garage insurance ?

If so would it be possibe to do this for non-commercial person like me ?

THANKS AGAIN! :)

Garage/Trade insurance needs to be arranged through a broker. You may struggle if you are not genuinely in the trade.

Interesting!

Any recommendations for brokers ? OR should I just start looking in the Yellow Pages....

• Advertisement

cop41 wrote: »
    Interesting!

Any recommendations for brokers ? OR should I just start looking in the Yellow Pages....

let your fingers do the walking.:D

Advertisement