Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tip of the Week - John Duggan - Today FM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Devastator wrote: »
    what are you doing making discussion Bay? :eek: What do you think this is.....a discussion forum or something? :eek: :eek:

you may be careful lushed doesn't see this or he may write a strongly worded reply to you :rolleyes:
    its a betting forum. do we have to be so rigid about everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Going each way at odds of 4/1 would be pretty pointless

lol :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Famous45 wrote: »
    lol :eek:

nice ninja edit f45, but your clueless comment was bang on as well. :pac:

Was just thinking that my biggest ever bet (the only 4 figure bet I've had the balls to do) was ew at 4/1 in this very race.
    Fantastic Light when he was 2nd to Gallileo in a renewal which had 3 valid contestents and a load of pacemakers.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

rarnes1 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Woah! Careful you don't strain yourself from typing out that well informed reply.

Lost money betting against Sea the Stars too eh ?.

This is a message board. I can have my opinions if i want. And anyone who bets against who i consider the best horse about at the moment is going to lose. Live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

x PyRo wrote: »
    And anyone who bets against who i consider the best horse about at the moment is going to lose. Live with it.

I bet on Masterofthehorse e/w in the derby and profited. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Well i mean for the straight win obviously. ;)

Nice bet by the way!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

its a betting forum. do we have to be so rigid about everything!

my comments were just very tongue in cheek incase ya missed it :eek:;)

in answer to your Q....only if its lushed's thread so it seems :rolleyes:

btw.............very close with Roddick, didnt know result but seen some of highlights!

my comments were just very tongue in cheek incase ya missed it :eek:;)

in answer to your Q....only if its lushed's thread so it seems :rolleyes:

btw.............very close with Roddick, didnt know result but seen some of highlights!
    sorry dude misread that. probably too much coffee. yeah had recorded the last few games of the Roddick game but of course it ran out with score at 14-14. Fed won but from what i saw of it it didnt seem as good as last years final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

sorry dude misread that. probably too much coffee. yeah had recorded the last few games of the Roddick game but of course it ran out with score at 14-14. Fed won but from what i saw of it it didnt seem as good as last years final.

Can there be too much coffee? I can't remember :eek:;) http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8132122.stm

I seen some of the highlights on last night, totally forgot about it(an hadnt heard result) so enjoyed it

Can there be too much coffee? I can't remember :eek:;) http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8132122.stm

I seen some of the highlights on last night, totally forgot about it(an hadnt heard result) so enjoyed it
    good one that. yeah unfortunately tennis clashed with the hurling but last years final between federer and Nadal was a classic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

nice ninja edit f45, but your clueless comment was bang on as well

I didn't want to sound too harsh, although the comment deserves to be thrashed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

listening to john duggan this morning and apparently he tipped a lad in the golf last week at i think 25-1 and he won it.

His tips this week are dublin to beat limerick in the hurling at evens.
    Jason bay to win the canadian open at 55-1.

I think ill be having a small bet on him as he generally seems to be spot on with his golf predictions.

listening to john duggan this morning and apparently he tipped a lad in the golf last week at i think 25-1 and he won it.

I think ill be having a small bet on him as he generally seems to be spot on with his golf predictions.
    Yeah that looks a good bet dublin at evens but trying doubling it with Galway to beat Waterford who looked a bit of a spent force in the Munster final. That said Waterford have that experience of being in Croke Park for that last couples of years. Should be a great double header in any case.

Yeah that looks a good bet dublin at evens but trying doubling it with Galway to beat Waterford who looked a bit of a spent force in the Munster final. That said Waterford have that experience of being in Croke Park for that last couples of years. Should be a great double header in any case.

Totally agree with that despite the fact galway are only about 1-3 i think i'll be backing galway and dublin in the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

cept its not in Croke park - U2 are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

He tipped Bojan Pelt to win a tournament in America last weekend when the Open was on. He had €20 e/w at 50/1

Alot of off-topic nonsence in here - if we could keep to just J.D'S tips from now on & discuss that we wouldn't be missing 50/1 winners

damoz wrote: »
    cept its not in Croke park - U2 are.
    what odds are U2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Jason Day even?

HoPpiE wrote: »
    Jason Day even?

yeah jason day sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

yeah jason day sorry.

Haha I was wondering...although the way this season has gone I wouldn't be surprised, Jason Bay has been immense. If he can swing a golf club the same way who knows?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 nadasky08

Fair Play to John Duggan....he has paid for a few weekends on the beer....staying clear of jason day tho this weekend....Camilio at 18's for me!

Hi i was wondering did anyone hear john duggan tip of the week today? I missed it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I'll try my best to keep this thread alive from now on if I can. I see that we missed a few weeks tips and a big 50/1 whopper, which john had 20e/w on it. Todays tips are:

Thursday 6th August
    Golf

Bridgestone Invitational
    €20e/w Luke Donald 55/1
    €10e/w Robert Allenby 125/1

Reno Tahoe Open
    €10e/w Harrison Frazer

I'll try my best to keep this thread updated every thursday. A few pages back this thread got a bit messy and went slightly of topic, so from now on we'll try and stay on topic and make some money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Boxfresh wrote: »
    I'll try my best to keep this thread alive from now on if I can. I see that we missed a few weeks tips and a big 50/1 whopper, which john had 20e/w on it. Todays tips are:

Thursday 6th August
    Golf

Bridgestone Invitational
    €20e/w Luke Donald 55/1
    €10e/w Robert Allenby 125/1

Reno Tahoe Open
    €10e/w Harrison Frazer

I'll try my best to keep this thread updated every thursday. A few pages back this thread got a bit messy and went slightly of topic, so from now on we'll try and stay on topic and make some money!

another win in the golf allenby tied 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

€10e/w Robert Allenby 125/1 TIED 2nd with Harrington. Returns: €302.40
    Those returns don't work out with those odds and stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Those returns don't work out with those odds and stake.
    yea should be a profit of €262.50.

I had this bet done on OLBG using virtual money. I put £50 e/w at same odds and I got £1512 profit returns so I just divided it by 5 to get the answer I got.

Could you correct it for me Bluetonic?

I had this bet done on OLBG using virtual money. I put £50 e/w at same odds and I got £1512 profit returns so I just divided it by 5 to get the answer I got.

Could you correct it for me Bluetonic?
    125/1 x €10 =1250/4 =312.5 +10 =322.5 -60 =€262.5

Should it be divided by 2 then since it was tied with 2 people in second place?

• Advertisement

No, that's only applicable if there is a tie for the last place. He came in the top 5 so the bet is settled on that. If he was tied for 5th or whatever then it would be a deadheat and split accordingly.

Advertisement