Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost cat in sandymount

Options
  • 13-06-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭

Hi.

We moved from Rathmines to Sandymount a month ago. Kept the cat in for 2 weeks and then let him out. He's been very good, comes back every evening until Thursday when he didn't come back and we havent seen him since. Waited up for him to come home last night but he never arrived.

Is it possible he went to Rathmines?

We live on strand road, near the martello tower in a little estate just off the road.. Anyone here in the area? If you see a cat that is brown, black and white coloured with a big fluffy tail knocking around could you let me know? He has no collar, little fella didn't take to it.

I'm dead worried about him now. Hope he''s not lost on the beach or something. I'm thinking he might have crossed strand road at night when it was quiet and then was too afraid to come back because of the traffic. We rang the vet in sandymount but they didn't hear anything.

Also, someone said they stay out for long times in the summer and this is really his first summer out as we only got him last summer and he was too little to go out by himself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I know sometimes they find a mate and spend a lot of time with them. I remember our cat done that, we were very worried and a couple of days later he comes screaming at the door at 5am or so to get in :)

I hope this is the case for you because if it's the worst case scenario you prob won't ever be told and the poor little thing could be just binned, sorry for being blunt.

Let me know anyway, I hope it's good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

he's a neutered cat though. does that still apply?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

you shoould post in the animal forum, they have a lost and found thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

he's dead. hit by a car. saw him up at the vets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sorry to hear about your cat :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement