Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditional Music Sessions in Donegal

Options
  • 13-06-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Im back home for a wee while volunteering in a public cultural service building and one of the questions I get asked often by visitors is where can they find traditional music sessions in Donegal, particuarly Letterkenny.

Because I play a little myself i know a few about letterkenny and thought id post them up here for your info, if anyone else knows any around the county and want to put them up on this thread it might be good info for people who want to visit Donegal.

Letterkenny trad sessions:

Fridays and Sundays:
    Glencar Inn, 8-10:30pm until August. 10-12pm on sundays only for rest of the year.

Tuesdays:
    Josies Bar, 9:30pm

Clanree Hotel, 10pm

Wolfe Tone, (never been in here though, might be worth ringing to make sure its still on)

Wednesdays:
    Mc Ginleys Bar (late evening)

Thursdays:
    Swilly Inn, 10pm (fortnightly from 25th June etc...)

Gallaghers Hotel (not sure if this is still going might be worth checking)

Brewery Bar (ran last year but not sure if it's still going)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Think the Wolfetone one has moved to Wednesday Night.

Ceoltas used to be on Tuesday night in Clanree and Trad music is still listed for there on Tuesdays

I Think the Big Weekend has listings

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

O'Flaithbertaigh's (sp?) in Buncrana have trad sessions on Wednesday night I think(or at least they used to).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Buttonman

McGrorys of Culdaff on Tuesdays and Fridays. Also, Monday Night for July and August. al at 9:30 pm

O'Flaherty's Bar Buncrana on Wednesday Nights
    Drift Inn Buncrana on Thursday Nights
    Rawdon's Moville on Friday Nights

Glenowen Craft Shop Clonmany 3pm 1st Sunday of Month
    Rock Bar Muff Saturday afternoon 2pm

Traveller's Inn Milford Thursday Nights for July and August

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

not to sure if its still going but used to be a great trad session in the diamond bar raphoe on a thursday night

• Registered Users Posts: 2 musicmaniac

What sessions are running now in 2014? I'm based in Letterkenny at the moment and looking to play a few tunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

The Glen Tavern, Glen of Glenties on the last Saturday night of every month. The Campbells are joined by other trad musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 murphyberry

Yes.... I was there, and I really enjoyed myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Donegaljack

Patsy Dans Bar, Dunfanaghy 6-8pm every Friday evening all year round.

Advertisement