Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phase Six Exams

Options
  • 13-06-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any tips for the Phase 6 exams next week...?!?!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Anyone have any tips for the Phase 6 exams next week...?!?!
    Yeah, study hard!:D

Seriously, go over the papaers for the last 3 years or so. If you can do them well you will be OK. If there are questions on them that you cant do post them here and someone will sort you out.

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

In the process of doing them now!

Just thought I'd chance my arm!

Thanks for the best wishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Past papers are the key if ur worried. They constantly recycle the same questions. A word of warning though. They are planning on, or already have updated the course material. I think it happened a while ago and your lecturers would have told u if it was a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 darren19

anybody got any (behind closed doors info) about the elec science paper?? if so pm me i know a few questions coming up we can make a swap

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    Past papers are the key if ur worried. They constantly recycle the same questions. A word of warning though. They are planning on, or already have updated the course material. I think it happened a while ago and your lecturers would have told u if it was a problem.

Yeah they changed it last year to V1.02 or something?! Past papers are pretty much the same, just Electronics that has changed the most

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 backspace1987

Seanieke wrote: »
    Yeah they changed it last year to V1.02 or something?! Past papers are pretty much the same, just Electronics that has changed the most

the new course is 2.2 the uni junction transistor is gone and the 555 timer is on it now

Got these "tips" today.. I'm not saying they're golden but it's a place to start if your heads in your arse over Science tomorrow
    • AND BLOCK
    • DIAGRAM FOR AND/OR LOGIC GATE
    • PURPOSE OF PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLER
    • FIND P.F. USING A WATTMETER, VOLTMETER & AMMETER
    • FUNCTION OF H.M.I.
    • FILL IN AN INPUT OUTPUT TABLE
    • SINGLE STAGE AMPLIFIER (tho I think thats off the course?!)
    • SOLID STATE DEVICE
    • FIND THE NEUTRAL CURRENT...
    • STAR DELTA CONNECTED
    • SERIES & PARALLEL RLC CIRCUIT

Advertisement