Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few Nokia 6300 issues/questions

• 13-06-2009 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

I bought my phone from vodafone just before christmas last and everything was grand until the headphone port stopped working. I got this fixed under warranty no problems, but when the phone was fixed, they flashed it as well. Prior to the repair, i had unbranded fw but now i get a vodafone splash screen when i turn on the phone and a vodafone live option on the main screen instead of (i think) Names although it may have been Camera. I tried updating the phone software through the Software updater in PC Suite but the branding still remains. How can I debrand my phone? - I only have a USB cable and I don't think my laptop has any COM ports. It is only a small annoyance that I can live with so I wouldn't pay for it...

Is there a bb5 unlocking calculator available for free? or else another method of unlocking it remotely by code for free - I don't yet qualify for free unlocking from vodafone.

I only noticed this issue after i got it back from the repair and I have only just done the software update. Occasionally, texts dont appear to deliver even though I know they do (i.e. I get responses) and when i go to the delivery reports option in messages it says Waiting 1-1-1980, which is blatantly wrong.

The USB cover on my phone does not seem to sit flush with the case (it never did). In fact, the first time i used the usb port, i had to remove the back cover to open it. Is this the norm or can i fix it?

I am also interested in changing the cover on my phone if i can find the red one cheap enough. What do i need to do this (the phone has some weird screws inside it. torx?) Where could I buy a (pref new/un scratched) red cover including the rear batery cover (mine is black) ? Also is this a difficult job?

I havent tried it recently but when i got the phone, i experimented with cabbage but it never seemed to work. This may have been because i had an old type sim that i had to get replaced - I haven't tried it since... but I do think an app worked before sending a text from the phone (i.e. using my credit like a normal text)

I used KDplayer before but it requested memory card access for every song so i changed versions to an older *i think* one and it sorted it for the most part asked every 5/6 songs. Does anyone know what version I used or any good media players for the phone.

And finally, does anyone know of any cool/useful/fun etc... apps for this phone? It supports java and symbian s40 apps afaik.

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jumbone wrote: »
    How can I debrand my phone?

Debrand using product code: (0549601)

Is there a bb5 unlocking calculator available for free? or else another method of unlocking it remotely by code for free - I don't yet qualify for free unlocking from vodafone.

No, not for free.

The USB cover on my phone does not seem to sit flush with the case (it never did). In fact, the first time i used the usb port, i had to remove the back cover to open it. Is this the norm or can i fix it?

It should, something probably catching it, just pull it out and check ;)

I am also interested in changing the cover on my phone if i can find the red one cheap enough.

Ebay.

What do i need to do this (the phone has some weird screws inside it. torx?) Where could I buy a (pref new/un scratched) red cover including the rear batery cover (mine is black) ? Also is this a difficult job?

You only need a T6. It may come with the housing you order, if not they only cost a few cent.

Also is this a difficult job?

Not really, remove the back cover, remove battery. Remove 2 screws from the bottom which releases the front cover, its held at the top also with 2 clips. Remove the remaining screws to release the back housing.

I havent tried it recently but when i got the phone, i experimented with cabbage but it never seemed to work. This may have been because i had an old type sim that i had to get replaced - I haven't tried it since... but I do think an app worked before sending a text from the phone (i.e. using my credit like a normal text)

Clear this up a bit? If you used the app it shouldnt charge you for a text, just the cost of the data normally a cent or 2.

Thanks in advance :D

Possibly new record for most questions in one post!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Davy wrote: »
    Debrand using product code: (0549601)

Cool thanks. Will I be able to do this if i already have the latest update installed?
    Clear this up a bit? If you used the app it shouldnt charge you for a text, just the cost of the data normally a cent or 2.

Cabbage never worked but i used another app that was able to send a text from the phone. i just put that bit in to emphasise that it was a connection problem rather that a java problem. Browsing works well too. Also, if i use a different access point for cabbage will i be able to pay per kb instead of paying €1 for unlimited gprs for the day?
    Possibly new record for most questions in one post!

:D you made a fair stab at the lot. i've asked another one now ^^^

These ones are still un answered though :D
    myself wrote: »
    I used KDplayer before but it requested memory card access for every song so i changed versions to an older *i think* one and it sorted it for the most part asked every 5/6 songs. Does anyone know what version I used or any good media players for the phone.

And finally, does anyone know of any cool/useful/fun etc... apps for this phone? It supports java and symbian s40 apps afaik.

Cool thanks. Will I be able to do this if i already have the latest update installed?

Yes, it will ask you if you want to put the same on again which is fine.

Cabbage never worked but i used another app that was able to send a text from the phone. i just put that bit in to emphasise that it was a connection problem rather that a java problem. Browsing works well too. Also, if i use a different access point for cabbage will i be able to pay per kb instead of paying €1 for unlimited gprs for the day?

:D you made a fair stab at the lot. i've asked another one now ^^^

These ones are still un answered though :D

Start with these apps: Link

And im not familiar with that KDplayer so il get back to my work :p

Also, if i use a different access point for cabbage will i be able to pay per kb instead of paying €1 for unlimited gprs for the day?

Forgot to answer this bit,,,switch to o2 or meteor and you are charged 2c per kb until you reach the 99cent.

Advertisement