Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boris

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

Like the two albums I've heard. Pink and Smile. A bit too weird in places and a bit too fond of their white noise, but definitely fun to listen too.
    Saw them in London in 2007. One of the loudest bands I've ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

They did some stuff with SUNN 0))) as well that is on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

They've some great stuff and some rubish. Not a fan of their drone

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Pink is a quality album but everything else i've heard (Smile & another I can't remember the name of) were rubbish.

Apparently they will never go back to the predictable rock formula from Pink, pitty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Pink is a ****ing great album. Woman on the screen is probably the greatest rock-out-with-your-cock-out riff ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Quality Band probably my favourite Japanese act
    not exactly bus journey music though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I don't know why, i really don't know why. But i had that car ad with the sock puppets in mind when i clicked on this thread... :(

Knowing that KH had started this, i really should have known better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pink is fantastic but Smile was complete dog****. I've been a fan of them for a long time but now I'm not sure if I'd cross the road to have a listen to a new album of theirs. And while I enjoyed them at ATP a couple of years ago, I think they've burned out.

However, albums like Akuma No Uta and Amplifier Worship are solid and well worth investigating. Rainbow with Michio Kurihara is another brilliant record but steer clear of the other album they did with Kurihara, Cloud Chamber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

John wrote: »
    Pink is fantastic but Smile was complete dog****. I've been a fan of them for a long time but now I'm not sure if I'd cross the road to have a listen to a new album of theirs. And while I enjoyed them at ATP a couple of years ago, I think they've burned out.

However, albums like Akuma No Uta and Amplifier Worship are solid and well worth investigating. Rainbow with Michio Kurihara is another brilliant record but steer clear of the other album they did with Kurihara, Cloud Chamber.

You know, Pink and Smile are the only 2 albums I have of theirs (bar the split with Sunn O)))). Are you not a bit harsh on Smile?

Which album to get next?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Crowcifer

I would consider myself to be a fairly big Boris fan - but they can really try the sanest mans patience with the amount of releases they have...

Good Gear:

Feedbacker
    Heavy Ricks
    Akuma no Ute
    Amplifier Worship
    Pink
    Smile
    Rainbow
    Flood
    Rock Dream

I won't even bother listing the duds...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Are you not a bit harsh on Smile?

No, I can't stand it. Try Akuma No Uta next, mixture of their slow heavy drone stuff and their best fast rock stuff. Get the Southern Lord version as the Japanese one is shorter.

Advertisement