Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hacked psp

Options
  • 13-06-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this isn't allowed but I checked the rules and didn't see anything about this so, close if its not allowed, but does anyone know where I can sell a hacked psp with custom firmware online?
    Since its hacked I cannot sell on ebay/adverts and don't know how to revert to normal firmware. Is there any sites like adverts that WILL allow you to sell them? I know it is illegal to do so, but its just annoying as I cant sell it and need the money soon.

Any help welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

You can sell it if you word it properly! Obviously whatever website you're selling on (adverts, buyandsell, gumtree) doesn't want a thread on their servers containing words like custom firmware, hacked psp, plays backups etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

have you got your own tool battery, they only cost a tenner delivered
    if you can get one, its simple return to normal firmware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

DO NOT SELL THIS ON ADVERTS.IE!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭FreedomJoe

www.ioffer.com

Excellent for all types of stuff not available on ebay:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

FreedomJoe wrote: »
    www.ioffer.com

Excellent for all types of stuff not available on ebay:D;)
    Thanks Ill have a look at that.
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    DO NOT SELL THIS ON ADVERTS.IE!!!!!!!!!
    I know its not allowed to be sold on adverts since its hacked, or is there something else you mean?
    BOBBY wrote: »
    have you got your own tool battery, they only cost a tenner delivered
    if you can get one, its simple return to normal firmware
    Yeah I have Tool Battery, can I revert back to like 1.01 official firmware?

• Advertisement

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Yeah I have Tool Battery, can I revert back to like 1.01 official firmware?

If you're reverting back to anything, make sure its 1.5

You can do anything with an official 1.5 firmware

animaX wrote: »
    If you're reverting back to anything, make sure its 1.5

You can do anything with an official 1.5 firmware
    Got a link as to how I do that? Thanks.

Got a link as to how I do that? Thanks.

Actually, I may have spoken too soon! If you have a psp slim model you CANNOT downgrade to 1.5 since it was never designed to run that firmware. The older phat model can be downgraded to 1.5. But to be honest, I'd say don't bother reverting to official firmware and just try to sell it elsewhere as it is (not on adverts!). Try buyandsell.ie or gumtree.ie, but word it carefully!

animaX wrote: »
    Actually, I may have spoken too soon! If you have a psp slim model you CANNOT downgrade to 1.5 since it was never designed to run that firmware. The older phat model can be downgraded to 1.5. But to be honest, I'd say don't bother reverting to official firmware and just try to sell it elsewhere as it is (not on adverts!). Try buyandsell.ie or gumtree.ie, but word it carefully!
    Yeah Ive got the old Phat model. What do you mean by wording it properly? How should I list it? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Yeah Ive got the old Phat model. What do you mean by wording it properly? How should I list it? Thanks.

He means advertise the fact that it's hacked but in a subtle way. e.g. It's homebrew enabled. or It's running the latest custom firmware etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement