Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Compound

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Should be seeing this site on Sunday
    ,just like to ask will it be ok if i took some pics to show my team (not to put up on a forum or anything like that):confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

I'll get them out atleast a week before the pregame dude.
    looking forward to the recce on sun, im sure all your hard work and thought
    will pay off and give hours of 6mm battle heaven to all the enthusiasts.
    sounds great.
    paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Rat squad wrote: »
    looking forward to the recce on sun, im sure all your hard work and thought
    will pay off and give hours of 6mm battle heaven to all the enthusiasts.
    sounds great.
    paddy

The place is just done, we haven't bothered with cosmetics yet so those coming today are catching her naked.

We filled 1700 sandbags Fiday and over 600 yesterday, we moved them into the feild and start building the bunkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Just back from the new site and I gotta tell you people: you're gonna love this place! Indoor cqb; a giant field that's a maze of trenches; another giant field full of barley, trailers, bunkers, sniper towers and moving tanks (yes folks, moving vehicles in a skirmish!:eek:); more space, farm buildings and sand bags than you can shake a stick at (and some random cows:pac:) - this place has it all! Nice to see airsoft in Ireland being ramped up a serious notch. Site is also really easy to get to - only a couple of minutes off the M50 (Ballymun exit).
    Nice to get a chance to chat with Brian & Bert and the rest of the gang there this morning. Well done guys, that's a serious amount of work gone in there and I know you have a lot to do over the next couple of weeks and very best of luck with it.

just got back myself and have to say that this site has a lot of potential to do very well in the nearer future:)
    The trenches are deadly looken and the caddy tank too (poor Paddy getting milt out of it in the turret) :D,
    Cant wait till the take aim cup is on in three weeks time:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

Good looking site!! very close to the M50 , there is plenty of space in the place and it has toliets :D;) the plans the lads have sound great the very best of luck guys and look forward to seeing the finshed product :):)
    Irish Airsoft is going up a notch!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 silentraptor

The site is the bomb has everything/got to love the armor caddy :eek: and you can get in them and skirmish, CQB is excellent just like the warehouse the trenches you can easly get lost in them they are so long and like a maze/ this site has so much you could talk all nite about it more amazing thing is the site is not even finished and just 3 minutes drive from dublin airport i have a map showing were it is

Thanks for the good words guys,

We are almost finished now, another 3000 odd sandbags, around 100 tone of gravel (there is already 325 tone gone down), three more weeks of hard work and back pain to go till we are sorted.

I'm glad I got a chance to get in on a game aswell, it wasen't easy to assault that warehouse I tell ye. I was just about to whack the front gaurd and move in when the bat went in the 249 :rolleyes:. I looked at the gun, thought sh** and was shot a half a second later.

It was cool looking at NASA wolves wade through the barley too, there was two enemies RITE beside each other on each side of a sandbag wall with barley all around and they didn't even know the other was there lol (They found out sharpish).

Well anyway, thanks guys. We are looking forward to seeing you all again at The Take Aim cup.

On that note the draw was done and the roster is up on www.takeaim.ie

Thanks all and we will talk to you soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭robbie brazel

hey cant wait to get down has it opened to public yet

hey cant wait to get down has it opened to public yet

No mate :(, it is open the 14th of August for The Take Aim cup and it is open for the public from then on. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

No mate :(, it is open the 14th of August for The Take Aim cup and it is open for the public from then on. :D

tick tock tick tock not long now cant wait!!!

tick tock tick tock not long now cant wait!!!

Your gonna love it man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'll have to find a way to get up to ye as soon as its open so lads sounds deadly! Plus i'll have to make use of my prize after coming out with that name ;) haha

zero19 wrote: »
    I'll have to find a way to get up to ye as soon as its open so lads sounds deadly! Plus i'll have to make use of my prize after coming out with that name ;) haha

That's it Zero, you gotta take advatage of anything you get for free man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TheBigD

Sounds really kool guys!! Is the festival still going ahead next weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

TheBigD wrote: »
    Sounds really kool guys!! Is the festival still going ahead next weekend?

the weekend after that man, 15th/16th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TheBigD

Kool!! Is it a tent/sleep over job? Is there anywhere on the web I can get more details on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

Sounds great lads :D
    The new m249 should go down well here.

Is this it ?

• Advertisement

Is this it ?

That's her alright but it's an old picture so you can't see the trench system or anything.

Sweeet (: Can't wait lads. ~Will the pricing be the same or higher ?~

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Is this it ?

holy $hit lads thats looks f#cking brilliant!!!!!

Sweeet (: Can't wait lads. ~Will the pricing be the same or higher ?~

Tis €30 for the day, that's for 10 hours gaming, half day is €20 and that's for 5 hours gaming.

Rental is €15 for the whole package (which consists of a gun, mask and a poncho).

holy $hit lads thats looks f#cking brilliant!!!!!

It does indeed, Thanks Darren!

Tis €30 for the day, that's for 10 hours gaming, half day is €20 and that's for 5 hours gaming.

Rental is €15 for the whole package (which consists of a gun, mask and a poncho).

:O:O:O You'll never get me out of the place :O My friend and I both have m249s and are heading head with a sniper and another friend so it should be good crack :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 silentraptor

were did you get that photo of the compound its cool :D

virtual earth in birds eye view:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭KOBOY

ANY CHANCE OF GIVING US LIST OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTS ROUTES THAT GO NEAR THE SITE?

• Advertisement

KOBOY wrote: »
    ANY CHANCE OF GIVING US LIST OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTS ROUTES THAT GO NEAR THE SITE?

I'm sure that the No.83 Dublin Bus goes near enough to the site:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement