Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Compound

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

mle1324 wrote: »
    which is what you are doing:).it should be easy for me as the 83 goes through Phibsboro.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/83/

Nice one.

Can I get everyone's opinion on the following please:

Opening times:

Wednesdays (& sometimes Fridays): 18:00 - 23:00

Weekends & Bank holidays: 10:00 - 20:00

Prices:

BBs and Gas: €10 (obviously)

We haven't got a price on the smoke grenades yet.

Rental:

Gun: €10
    Mask: €2
    Poncho: €2

Walk on fee:

€30 for a whole day (10:00 - 20:00 thats 10 hours gaming so €3 an hour)
    €20 for a half day (10:00 - 15:00 thats 5 hours gaming so €4 an hour)

For a whole day with a full rental package, a bottle of bbs and lunch (a proper lunch) it will be €60.

What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Great long hours! Prices look very decent to me anyway, what brand bb's and gas will you be stocking?

zero19 wrote: »
    Great long hours! Prices look very decent to me anyway, what brand bb's and gas will you be stocking?

Blasters, excel, predetor and whatever else is available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RorTHorN

Can I get everyone's opinion on the following please:

Opening times:

Wednesdays (& sometimes Fridays): 18:00 - 23:00

Weekends & Bank holidays: 10:00 - 20:00

Prices:

BBs and Gas: €10 (obviously)

We haven't got a price on the smoke grenades yet.

Rental:

Gun: €10
    Mask: €2
    Poncho: €2

Walk on fee:

€30 for a whole day (10:00 - 20:00 thats 10 hours gaming so €3 an hour)
    €20 for a half day (10:00 - 15:00 thats 5 hours gaming so €4 an hour)

For a whole day with a full rental package, a bottle of bbs and lunch (a proper lunch) it will be €60.

What do you guys think?
    Hi Lads

Looks pretty decent and great value for money.
    Most sights are €25 for 6-7 hours of gaming.

Have you decided how the membership will work??

• Advertisement

RorTHorN wrote: »
    Hi Lads

Looks pretty decent and great value for money.
    Most sights are €25 for 6-7 hours of gaming.

Have you decided how the membership will work??

Thats what we thought, €25 for 6 and €30 for 10.

So in most other sites your paying €4.16 and hour when on a full day and with us you are paying €3.

Most other sites are €15 for a half day (which is around 3 hours) so that's €5 an hour and with us it's €20 for 5 hours which is €4 an hour.

So we are cheaper than most other sites out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Hi lads
    Do yous know what the story is with the Take Aim test games as to when they are?

Hi lads
    Do yous know what the story is with the Take Aim test games as to when they are?

You would have to ask the lads in the take aim cup thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

lads any news on when the test games are going to be?

Looks like the end of this month dude. The Take Aim lads announced it there a while ago on the Take Aim cup thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

they told me in there thread that is will be the last weekend of July which is either the 25th or 26th:)

they told me in there thread that is will be the last weekend of July which is either the 25th or 26th:)

It looks that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

10 to 8 thats a long day i already thought 10 to 5 was long enough. i would think a lot of people would drop of after a while. but if you think about it, its not the lenth of time you have on a site but the amount of games who have in that space of time. You could go to one site and play 10 games in 10 hours and on another play 5 games in 10 hours which is the better value? I suppose it depends on as lot of things amount of people, marshalls getting people to move there asses, game type, more agresive teams finishing games faster. I have never played at the warehouse so i don't what your like on getting games going but i play regularly at rathbeggan where marshalls try to keep games going with the minium waiting around time. They finish at 5 which is ealier then must sites, but i rarly feel that the day was too short or not enough games where played. Hope you can make sence of this???? can't wait to get to play at your site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 firstibag16

hi mate, can you give us coordinates so that we would know the exact location.thanks in advance.

10 to 8 thats a long day i already thought 10 to 5 was long enough. i would think a lot of people would drop of after a while. but if you think about it, its not the lenth of time you have on a site but the amount of games who have in that space of time. You could go to one site and play 10 games in 10 hours and on another play 5 games in 10 hours which is the better value? I suppose it depends on as lot of things amount of people, marshalls getting people to move there asses, game type, more agresive teams finishing games faster. I have never played at the warehouse so i don't what your like on getting games going but i play regularly at rathbeggan where marshalls try to keep games going with the minium waiting around time. They finish at 5 which is ealier then must sites, but i rarly feel that the day was too short or not enough games where played. Hope you can make sence of this???? can't wait to get to play at your site.

We are known in The Warehouse for extremely quick turnover in games and it will be the same in The Compound, people will be getting a break somewhere in the midday and that is it (cause you can smoke outside so you don't need many breaks).

Games will start promptly, be explained quickly and changed over the second they are done.

Just to answer what you said there also:
    They finish at 5 which is ealier then must sites, but i rarly feel that the day was too short or not enough games where played.

We are not saying anything about any other sites, we are just stating how our outdoor site will be ran. There are many great sites in Ireland now adays and I love playing in them all. I was out with AON in Drogheda airsoft last Sunday and am going out to Redbarn this Sunday. Infact We are closing The Warehouse on Sundays from now on so we can get out and skirmish again.

Love it, I do!

hi mate, can you give us coordinates so that we would know the exact location.thanks in advance.

I'll get them out atleast a week before the pregame dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

We are not saying anything about any other sites, we are just stating how our outdoor site will be ran. There are many great sites in Ireland now adays and I love playing in them all. I was out with AON in Drogheda airsoft last Sunday and am going out to Redbarn this Sunday. Infact We are closing The Warehouse on Sundays from now on so we can get out and skirmish again.

Love it, I do!

Funny didn't see you there???? i was in drogheda on sun??? didn't think there was any other teams there.

Funny didn't see you there???? i was in drogheda on sun??? didn't think there was any other teams there.

AON was there the full day man, I was the guy with the sleavless top wearing ess goggles.

None of our lads were wearing thier colours though. When everyone was doing the pistol game we were the ones siting right across from it on the road.

We defended in the last game (and won).

Oh wait sorry it was Sunday the 27th of June the sunday before last.

Hi all,

We have basically finished the hyper cqb arena today. It is looking quite cool for a game. Should be vicious fun.

Hi all,

We have basically finished the hyper cqb arena today. It is looking quite cool for a game. Should be vicious fun.

cool cant wait to try it out!!!!

• Advertisement

cool cant wait to try it out!!!!

It is going to be cool, you should like it because is a lot like The Warehouse except kitted out in a more cqb style.

It is going to be cool, you should like it because is a lot like The Warehouse except kitted out in a more cqb style.

im sure il love it so lads!!!!:D

im sure il love it so lads!!!!:D

Good man, looking forward to seeing you drop your claymore all over the place down here.

Good man, looking forward to seeing you drop your claymore all over the place down here.

dont forget about the m203 i was running around the warehouse with the last time i was there!!!:D

dont forget about the m203 i was running around the warehouse with the last time i was there!!!:D

You always liked the gadgets alright.

You always liked the gadgets alright.

yeap once it goes bang il have it:D

yeap once it goes bang il have it:D

I still laugh every time you bring it up, remembering the time yu planted it and spent minutes telling your team not to go up suicide alley and the second the whistle went half your team was killed. LOL, very funny.

I still laugh every time you bring it up, remembering the time yu planted it and spent minutes telling your team not to go up suicide alley and the second the whistle went half your team was killed. LOL, very funny.

that happened more then once!:rolleyes: gave up on the trip wire after that:)

Well, we are finished the Briefing area/one on one area. We are finished the changing area/shooting range.

The wee buildings are cleared out. The "bomb" area is just ready and the trenches are done (gravel is being laid today).

The last thing for us to do now is to build the bunkers and fill the sandbags (which we are doing today).

This is going to be great fun!

• Advertisement

Well, we are finished the Briefing area/one on one area. We are finished the changing area/shooting range.

The wee buildings are cleared out. The "bomb" area is just ready and the trenches are done (gravel is being laid today).

The last thing for us to do now is to build the bunkers and fill the sandbags (which we are doing today).

This is going to be great fun!

lads this place sound animal cant wait to see it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement