Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Guitar Solo Ever?

Options
  • 13-06-2009 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

The moment I heard this I couldn't help but laugh. It actually is just a horrible mess!

What does everybody else think is the worst solo ever?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The moment I heard this I couldn't help but laugh. It actually is just a horrible mess!

Holy mother of Jesus!!!!

Can that even be beaten?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Holy mother of Jesus!!!!

Can that even be beaten?

The only thing that comes close to how epic a fail that was is I think this guy. He actually has aload of videos on youtube to 'teach you to play', and there all like this or worse! Watch him, some of his videos are brilliant purely because I really don't think he knows how bad he actually is! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The only thing that comes close to how epic a fail that was is I think this guy. He actually has aload of videos on youtube to 'teach you to play', and there all like this or worse! Watch him, some of his videos are brilliant purely because I really don't think he knows how bad he actually is! :eek:

I now know how to play Purple Haze

The strings hurt my teeth when i was doing it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

The Rover by Jimi Page comes to mind. Theres a bit where he doesn't hit the hammer right, it sounds so amateur. In conjunction with the song, the whole solo comes across as boring tired and cliched.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

The Rover by Jimi Page comes to mind. Theres a bit where he doesn't hit the hammer right, it sounds so amateur. In conjunction with the song, the whole solo comes across as boring tired and cliched.

not as bad as other things youd find on youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I always thought the solo on the original version of Here I go again by Whitesnake a pretty pathetic attempt

not as bad as other things youd find on youtube

not nearly as bad but page has to have one of the worst guitar tones ever. Theres one of his improv solos on youtube which sounds awful not least because of that sh1tty guitar tone.

Anyway heres another guitar legend sucking

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

any solo ive heard from noel gallagher was piss poor imo
    i suppose hate one, hate them all as they're all the same:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That's brutal..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

davylee wrote: »
    any solo ive heard from noel gallagher was piss poor imo
    i suppose hate one, hate them all as they're all the same:D
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

I like the rover solo!:eek: i cant hear the dodgey hammer on??
    not nearly as bad but page has to have one of the worst guitar tones ever. Theres one of his improv solos on youtube which sounds awful not least because of that sh1tty guitar tone.

I love paes older tone, i agree his latest one sounds a bit metally but the old one is so good!

Around 5.04 uuuuggghgh, actually the whole passage from 4.56 up to that point is horribly played. Also check out how he messes up the chord changes around 20-24 secs in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I'm guessing that's a pisstake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I love the Rover. I also quite like it when a guitarist gets sloppy now and again. Its called
    character. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

That kid is the most ridiculous person I've ever seen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

He actually has aload of tutorials online, the sad thing is that he thinks he's great though!

"It's really simple and when you hear somebody play it people are going to definetly know what your playing and that dude and when your walking down the street and they're going to say that's the guy who knows how to play One and it's really really simple and really easy!"
    He actually doesn't know how bad he is. At first I thought it was a joke but then I saw there are loads of videos which are just as bad! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Sorry to drag this thread so far off topic but, he can't play Smoke On The Water! My blind, flea ridden, three legged dog could play Smoke On The Water FFS!!

How can anyone as bad as that not realize it? Is there something blocking the information from being absorbed by his brain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

this is fecking hilarious! I hope he has loads of abusive youtube comments :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

He actually has aload of tutorials online, the sad thing is that he thinks he's great though!

"It's really simple and when you hear somebody play it people are going to definetly know what your playing and that dude and when your walking down the street and they're going to say that's the guy who knows how to play One and it's really really simple and really easy!"
    He actually doesn't know how bad he is. At first I thought it was a joke but then I saw there are loads of videos which are just as bad! :eek:
    my god. 58 seconds :o
    who needs tablature when this guy explains it so easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

that guy doing purple haze has his guitar on wrong lol ,the strap,look at the strap

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

i don't know why everybody's been so hard on this kid.
    He has inspired me ... . yeah to do a van gogh
    the part where he tabs purple haze out himself
    genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ByrdsFan

That is priceless, funniest youtube clip ive seen in ages. Reminds me a bit of Ted & Dougal at the Eurovision, except Fred does not have Teds technical skill on guitar.

Mind you, this butchering of Nirvana must have Cobain turning in his grave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8jg5pjvwjw&feature=related

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Sympathy for the Devil - Keef seems to loose all interest after the first 2 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

That young lad is taking the piss. Look at how he plays Enter Sandman by Metallica and compare it to the Smoke on the Water riff he does. Sure, he doesn't sound good when playing Enter Sandman but I'm sure he's taking the piss. You can hear his mate laughing in some of the video's.

But I second Richards on Sympathy for the Devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

The Master wrote: »
    Sympathy for the Devil - Keef seems to loose all interest after the first 2 seconds

In all fairness, Keef never played an original riff in his life.

That's (a) true character. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Dear jesus did this kid learn to play by just turning up really loud and bashing the strings with 1 hand, while touching random strings with his other hand?

If this kid was playing air guitar, he'd still be getting it wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not serious I know, and not a solo as such, but the guitar in this always makes me laugh...

Also the solo in this:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭busttropical

how about every kerry king solo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Kid - tune your guitar! Argh!

Advertisement