Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Spoilers* UFC 99 Discussion

Options
  • 13-06-2009 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭

Davis v Hardy just finished, i don't think i've ever been so annoyed after a fight. It was close, i just wanted Davis to shut that little **** up!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Yea I was sickened with that decision. Marcus seemed tense during the fight, shouldn't have let Hardy get to him mentally the way he did

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah you're right. It was all on that big elbow i think. It was 1-1 with Marcus controlling the 3rd until approx 2:20. Then everything went belly up!

Come on Mirko!

This fight is gonna be great! Cro-Cop ftw.

Good win for Crocop. Pity about the eye poke, kinda takes the shine off it. He had Al-turk rocked anyway. Crocop looked very dangerous in there, hope he goes on to bigger and better things in the UFC from here

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Not liking this show at all

I agree, it's not a great card at all!

Al Turk is a disgrace to the UFC. The guy is embarrassing. He moves like Frankenstein. These guys are supposed to be Mixed Martial Artists.

COME ON VALASQUEZ!!

MrStuffins wrote: »

COME ON VALASQUEZ!!

But can he survive Kongo's excellent ground game :pac:

Nice string bikini Kongo is sporting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

Valasquez is killing him. But how many times can you mount and not finish a fight. But he's starting every round well. But he's gassed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Valasquez ground and pound is like Nick Diaz's stand up.

I think with a better game and a longer training camp Kongo could have taken it.

I'm very surprised Cain couldn't finish the fight with all the ground control he had. Congo took a big beating though, he got messed up. Surprised how bad his defensive ground game was.

Valasquez ground and pound is like Nick Diaz's stand up.

Good analogy

Kingo looked close to being finished at the end of the 3rd.

Really disappointing card and as exciting and the UFC wanna tell people this fight is going to be, it's gonna be either....

1) Rich connects, Wanderlei goes to sleep

2) Wandi connects, Rich shakes it off, takes Wando down, drunk Germans boo alot.............

:(

How unbelievable is it that Rich is 2 years older that Wandi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Rich Franklin has it already!

This fight would be so exciting if these guys werent so tired.

I wonder is Franklin seill doing that crazy workout with that nut case Vietnam Vet? If not maybe he needs to go back!

Wandi had to cut 12 lbs yesterday, terrible!

Fair result, the crowd dont like it!

Why isnt Buffer saying the judges scores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

This fight would be so exciting if these guys werent so tired.

I wonder is Franklin seill doing that crazy workout with that nut case Vietnam Vet? If not maybe he needs to go back!

Wandi had to cut 12 lbs yesterday, terrible!
    Couldn't agree more.But how do you go about doing that at age 35.:D

Couldn't agree more.But how do you go about doing that at age 35.:D

Fight in Japan :p

rovert wrote: »
    Fight in Japan :p

Wandi, Bob Sapp and Jose Conseco in a Triple Threat match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fair result, the crowd dont like it!

Why isnt Buffer saying the judges scores?

That was annoying me too..Id assume each of them scored it 29-28 to Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

damn what happened to this card!! it looked real good on paper..

Davies v hardy didnt really live up to the hype.. It was close though and could have gone either way.. Judged under the ufc scoring criteria I think Davies edged it..

Uno v Fisher was really boring.

Wanderlei looked shot. He hasnt been the same fighter since the owgp. I still think he won the fight though.

Cain v Kongo was the one saving grace for me on this card. An exciting fight with alot of heart and different skills shown.

This card really pales in comparison to the last wec event and strikeforce..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Very disappointing card alright. Maybe I was expecting too much from it.
    I wonder though, if Davis had smashed Hardy in the opening fight, would it have made for a more enjoyable night as a whole?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yeah you're right. It was all on that big elbow i think. It was 1-1 with Marcus controlling the 3rd until approx 2:20. Then everything went belly up!

Yeah I think that one elbow and the fact that Davis' nose pumped blood after it basically won Hardy the fight. All the blood swayed the judges I think.

I had it level going into the final round but I still had Davis just about edging the last round. He knocked Hardy down early and then tried about 4 or 5 sub attempts in a row with Hardy defending desperately. Hardy got on top then for the final 2 minutes and landed that one big elbow that got him the decision.

That said it was such a close fight it's hard to complain about the decision. Could have gone either way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Am I the only one glad that Hardy won? I really dont like Marcus Davis. There is just something about him that irritates me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Am I the only one glad that Hardy won? I really dont like Marcus Davis. There is just something about him that irritates me.

Yeah i called Hardy to win after the fight was announced, happy he won it too.

I like the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mcdermott

what do you call the big massive tall fella? I was watching the weigh ins and he was fighting a smaller fella..they had a bit of a pushing session at the weigh in. cant mind his name but i think it looked like it would have been a good fight...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I thought davis won, it was close though, he's my favourite fighter so maybe im biased!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

mcdermott wrote: »
    what do you call the big massive tall fella? I was watching the weigh ins and he was fighting a smaller fella..they had a bit of a pushing session at the weigh in. cant mind his name but i think it looked like it would have been a good fight...

That was Stefan Struve. He was the one that left all the blood in the ring, he got big cut in round one but came back to win the fight in round 2 (It was one of the best comebacks ever) the crowd went crazy as did I.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I agree, it's not a great card at all!

Al Turk is a disgrace to the UFC. The guy is embarrassing. He moves like Frankenstein. These guys are supposed to be Mixed Martial Artists.

COME ON VALASQUEZ!!

It was an amazing card what are you talking about, and the prelims were great

Advertisement