Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nurney

Options
  • 13-06-2009 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

An aunt of mine is considering moving to Nurney. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Is it a wise move etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

BOOKWORM.1 wrote: »
    Is it a wise move etc?

Well if it's peace & quiet your aunt is looking for then there's plenty of that in Nurney.

It's been a while since I've been there but all I can remember is a church on one side of the road and a school on the other.

That's it I think. Can't recall any shops or pubs but maybe they are off the main road somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

Nurney has had quite a few new houses built in the last few years. As well as the church and the school there is a shop and a pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

If its Nurney Village itself, there are few typical youngsters who act the bollox - but its not a major problem.

Well stocked Gala shop & post office, nice local pub O'Briens.

Anything outside the village is very peaceful & quiet and Kildare town is just a 5 minute drive away - good shopping in the outlet centre + decent luinches in Dunne & Crezini and also Satrbucks.

Advertisement