Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where To Stay In Sydney for Xmas and New Years?

Options
  • 13-06-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Doing the whole around the world thing at the moment and plan to be in Sydney for Xmas and New Years to meet some friends.

A friend I'm meeting there told me we should book a place soon and I looked up a few places on hostelworld and already some are booked out for New Years!!! ARGH!

Any advice on a place to stay for maybe two weeks coming up to and including Xmas and New Year's in Sydney? Maybe an apartment or something cheap (or as cheap as is possible at that time of the year!) cos we're on a serious budget being backpackers and all! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Doing the whole around the world thing at the moment and plan to be in Sydney for Xmas and New Years to meet some friends.

A friend I'm meeting there told me we should book a place soon and I looked up a few places on hostelworld and already some are booked out for New Years!!! ARGH!

Any advice on a place to stay for maybe two weeks coming up to and including Xmas and New Year's in Sydney? Maybe an apartment or something cheap (or as cheap as is possible at that time of the year!) cos we're on a serious budget being backpackers and all! :D

how cheap is cheap ...... sydney being sydney ..... every person in the world wants to be here for new yrs ..... are you looking for a shared dorm in a hostel or a cheap hotel room .....

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

well, knowing that sydney is expensive especially at that time of year, i don't expect too cheap, but i'm wondering what my options are. I haven't stayed in a hotel since i left ireland over 3 months ago, budget hostels do fine, but i'm wondering if a short-term holiday apartment between 4 (possibly 6) people might be the best bet? do you know any websites or anything that would show me availability or prices?

cheers

well, knowing that sydney is expensive especially at that time of year, i don't expect too cheap, but i'm wondering what my options are. I haven't stayed in a hotel since i left ireland over 3 months ago, budget hostels do fine, but i'm wondering if a short-term holiday apartment between 4 (possibly 6) people might be the best bet? do you know any websites or anything that would show me availability or prices?

cheers
    off the top of my head....

lastminute.com.au
    hotels.com.au

i stayed in a place just off kings cross for a week or two , the name of it is "springfield lodge"

pretty cheap and a nice place . its very central to everything in the city , but at that time of year you should consider staying somewhere in the eastern suburbs as the weather will be pretty good so its nice to be close to the beach ,

daftdave wrote: »
    off the top of my head....

lastminute.com.au
    hotels.com.au

i stayed in a place just off kings cross for a week or two , the name of it is "springfield lodge"

pretty cheap and a nice place . its very central to everything in the city , but at that time of year you should consider staying somewhere in the eastern suburbs as the weather will be pretty good so its nice to be close to the beach ,

+1 for springfield lodge , cheap and cheerful

Advertisement