Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch no power

Options
  • 13-06-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Is there any way to stop the beeping on an Eircom Phonewatch alarm when the power goes out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Folks,

Is there any way to stop the beeping on an Eircom Phonewatch alarm when the power goes out?

you can stick in your user code..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hey_hey

disconnect the battery inside the panel

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

hey_hey wrote: »
    disconnect the battery inside the panel

And insted of the beeping you will have the outside bell ringing insted :eek:
    Not a good idea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hey_hey

pulling d power at d panel makes the outside bell ring?? :confused: I went 2 a house before where the fuse in the panel had blown (250mA or sumthin like that) and the internal siren was going off. because i didnt have a fuse to fit i just disconnected the battery when i went to get one and the outside bell didnt sound. It wasnt a phonewatch though.

Oh while i have ya here :) Do u know anythin about the wireless hkc alarm out/coming out soon?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

pulling d power at d panel makes the outside bell ring?? :confused: I went 2 a house before where the fuse in the panel had blown (250mA or sumthin like that) and the internal siren was going off. because i didnt have a fuse to fit i just disconnected the battery when i went to get one and the outside bell didnt sound. It wasnt a phonewatch though.
    Obviousally a cowboy job or no external bell connected
    Oh while i have ya here :) Do u know anythin about the wireless hkc alarm out/coming out soon?
    Yes . What do you want to know?

• Advertisement

pulling d power at d panel makes the outside bell ring?? :confused: I went 2 a house before where the fuse in the panel had blown (250mA or sumthin like that) and the internal siren was going off. because i didnt have a fuse to fit i just disconnected the battery when i went to get one and the outside bell didnt sound.

if it was a phonewatch system it had a dummy bell outside.. if it was not it was not connected properly or else the back up battery in the external bell needs to be replaced. it should sound for 15 minutes if the power and battery are disconnected from the panel. .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

if it was a phonewatch system it had a dummy bell outside
    This is often the case with their wireless systems, but not always.

When they use a wired system (often HKC) the external bellbox is almost always installed.

2011 wrote: »
    When they use a wired system (often HKC) the external bellbox is almost always installed.

thats not true. i use to install for phonewatch and a live bell on a wired system was not always installed, at the cost of €260 for a external bell off them it is not surprising that people stuck to the dummy out the front..

Eircom will push you not to have an External bell (hence double everyone elses price)
    This makes it harder for you to cancel your monitoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 screwlox

Sledgehammer.

Best thing for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement