Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

estimation for drop in points for architecure?

Options
  • 13-06-2009 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

do you think the points for architecture (DT101) will drop this year due to economic turmoil or will it still be based on the popularity?

as well as this (and I know most of you wont really know :P) but do you think many will be applying for spots in construction education>?

Im just starting to get worried about points and stuff for it :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rira

Noone can tell you that ... not even the college or CAO at this stage. I think you have to remember that Architecture has always been difficult to get into and has always been a very popular course, and has always attracted a high calibre of candidates. Economic turmoil may affect the interest but I don't think by all that much.

There is absolutley no point (!) in worrying about points right now. Go finish your exams as well as possible, make sure that you have carefully considered the order of your courses on your CAO form and put in a change of mind if you must.

You cannot do anything to change the points standard for a course, all you can control is your points tally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

I don't think the points will change, I've seen a lot of people in Bolton Street applying for interviews. The general consensus is, that people will rather do a five year long course, to get away from the harsh reality of job market, even if they are not very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

rira wrote: »
    Noone can tell you that ... not even the college or CAO at this stage. I think you have to remember that Architecture has always been difficult to get into and has always been a very popular course, and has always attracted a high calibre of candidates. Economic turmoil may affect the interest but I don't think by all that much.

There is absolutley no point (!) in worrying about points right now. Go finish your exams as well as possible, make sure that you have carefully considered the order of your courses on your CAO form and put in a change of mind if you must.

You cannot do anything to change the points standard for a course, all you can control is your points tally.
    I don't think the points will change, I've seen a lot of people in Bolton Street applying for interviews. The general consensus is, that people will rather do a five year long course, to get away from the harsh reality of job market, even if they are not very good.

thanks to both of you hopefully the exams went well enough that I got what I'll need but until the like said above I shouldn't worry about points :)

Im going to get drunk for the 4th day in a row!
    bye!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

I have a weird feeling that architecture will not be done by architects in the future, so do your best in gaining knowledge and learning rather than pleasing the tutors ;)

There may be a reduced demand for people with some professions, but there is always a demand for people with knowledge, insight and ability to do good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I have a weird feeling that architecture will not be done by architects in the future, so do your best in gaining knowledge and learning rather than pleasing the tutors ;)

There may be a reduced demand for people with some professions, but there is always a demand for people with knowledge, insight and ability to do good.
    I can do that! :P
    thanks man you helped too :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement