Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bono in Galway

Options
  • 13-06-2009 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I'm pretty sure I saw Bono in Galway today. He was with another bloke walking towards the market. He looked fairly anonymous - wearing a flat cap and glasses and somewhat unshaven- cool but a different image to his public persona so not immediately recognizable. Was convinced it was him when i heard him speak ..he greeted me when we made eye contact as we passed in the street which in itself was unusual.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

SalteeDog wrote: »
    he greeted me when we made eye contact as we passed in the street which in itself was unusual.

You missed the perfect opportunity to smack him:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I'm pretty sure I saw Bono in Galway today. He was with another bloke walking towards the market. He looked fairly anonymous - wearing a flat cap and glasses and somewhat unshaven- cool but a different image to his public persona so not immediately recognizable. Was convinced it was him when i heard him speak ..he greeted me when we made eye contact as we passed in the street which in itself was unusual.

Woah. You have achieved the ultimate aim in life so early. You may now die in peace .............

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Pics or it didn't happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Whats the difference between Bono and Jesus???

Jesus doesnt walk around the streets pretending hes Bono !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Bono is a feck wanker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Did you tell him he was a week late for the guest appearance on the Topaz Stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

chilly wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    I believe the correct phrase is "or GTFO!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

cool but a different image to his public persona so not immediately recognizable

I bet he's always recognizable as a wanker though. I also agree that a firm smack should have been dished out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

I belive ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dumb

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Whats the difference between Bono and Jesus???

Jesus doesnt walk around the streets pretending hes Bono !

That "joke" has been going round ever since Bono first shaved his balls and masturbated! :pac:

• Advertisement

What you saw was the KD in disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,487 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Dumb wrote: »
    That "joke" has been going round ever since Bono first shaved his balls and masturbated! :pac:

Bono has balls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dumb

Two wee plums

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

At least the man is trying to make the world a better place ... whether ye think he's a wanker or not himself and cranky geldof have done more for third world debt than any other people on the planet.

Not bad for 2 @rse'oles from the Pail.

At least the man is trying to make the world a better place ... whether ye think he's a wanker or not himself and cranky geldof have done more for third world debt than any other people on the planet.

Maybe but doesnt he like to tell people about it!

Yeah he's helped by bitching and moaning at the working class who have nare a penny themselves, and him rolling around in his tax-free millions. If he cares so much he could pay off the 3rd world debt with the change in his arse pocket!;)

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Maybe but doesnt he like to tell people about it!

I lol'd. The Irish condition summed up in a sentence.
    It's only world debt after all...what a show off! :)

I lol'd. The Irish condition summed up in a sentence.
    It's only world debt after all...what a show off! :)

George W. Bush did a lot for African debt but nobody will mention that because it is not 'cool' to do so.

George W. Bush did a lot for African debt but nobody will mention that because it is not 'cool' to do so.

Oh dear...someone just did:pac:

I take your point but comparing Bono and George Bush just doesn't feel quite right . I'm sure someone will disagree though...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Maybe it's silly what I'm gonna ask now, but why Bono is so hated? I was never much into U2 and don't know much about him...

Seriously.

• Advertisement

Oh dear...someone just did:pac:

I take your point but comparing Bono and George Bush just doesn't feel quite right . I'm sure someone will disagree though...:)

Im not cool though :)

WooPeeA wrote: »
    Maybe it's silly what I'm gonna ask now, but why Bono is so hated? I was never much into U2 and don't know much about him...

Seriously.

It boils down to begrudgery for the most part I think. Disliking him and giving out about him has become a bit of a national passtime...like talking about the weather. If we weren't giving out about him then we'd have to praise him and that wouldn't leave enough scope to showcase our sarcastic wit and comic genius. It'd make for pretty dull threads infairness. For proof see the the one on Gordon Ramseys visit to Galway. :)
    Im not cool though :)

It's not cool to be cool anyway. Cool people are tiresome people :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

funniest thing about all the Bono hate is this.
    If U2 were to announce a gig in Galway tomorrow, almost 99% of the people in this thread would be trying to get tickets.

I definitely wouldn't.

Me neither.So thats it for the 99% arguement.

I think a lot of the anti Bono opinion comes down to his simple hypocracy when it comes to wealth. He will preach about how we should all share the wealth and dig deep into our pockets to help the less forrtunate a while he ships his hundreds off millions out of Ireland so that he does'nt have to pay take on it.

If Bono really wanted to make a difference they why does'nt he donate 10 percent of record and concert sales to help world debth or better still why not give the money he saves by not paying taxes in Ireland to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

What you saw was the KD in disguise.

If Carlsberg did dwarfs...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Dumb wrote: »

He wasn't masturbating, he was mentally simulating scrawning with Subo (as you yourself know!) ;):D;):D.

Advertisement