Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spartan 4

Options
  • 13-06-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

one of the best shows i,ve been to in a while,well done to all concerned.
    c fights were very good for c fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mcdermott

anyone got the results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

I know that Clive Staunton beat Kevin Moran by triangle, tricksy hobbit, and that Alan from SBG won his fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Roper wrote: »
    I know that Clive Staunton beat Kevin Moran by triangle, tricksy hobbit, and that Alan from SBG won his fight.

Clive won by side choke after some good G'nP from half guard.
    Kevin and he had a great fight, Clive had some awesome clinch going on that Kevin found very difficult to deal with, excellent match up.

Enda Fenton, also from Point Blank, won by arm bar after a technical, pitch perfect encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Great show, with some class C grade fights, which I had the pleasure of refereeing. Didnt see much of the others as I was warming up with Chad. Outstanding performance by Chad right up until the DQ. Completely heat of the moment stuff in the 3 point contact postion, which afterwards Darren and Emmet were very good about. You can check out a phone vid on www.nextgenerationireland.com watch out for the suplex in round 2. Chad will be back and thank you to Martin for looking after us so well and a great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

In fairness to Chad there's a few things going on there that are no one's fault. Firstly Darren is standing up so there's a fine line between 3 points and 2 points. Secondly, if Darren knows Chad wants a stand up and wants to get up, he should probably wait for the ref to step in. I'm not saying soccer kicks=okay but that is a fine line.

Great one for the highlight reel though... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

I tell you what Darren is one good fighter and he was getting well beat there.

Chad is one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

I dont think Darren was standing up. I think he is up on his left foot and his right knee and foot are in contact with ground, hence 3 points of contact. We dont have a problem with DQ anyway, its the right call and hats off to darren he is tough as, which is to be expected from sudden impact gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Im back online!! YAY!

Thanks for all the kind words.

The Council
    This was the most stress filled show we have put on to date and thankfully it came off well on the day. In the two weeks prior to the show the Ballymena council took a big interest in what we were doing. Gave us a massive list of things they needed info on before things could go ahead. The cage was the big thing. It meant going back to the makers for original documents for different parts ie canvas, padding, matting the main structure. Basically to make sure that everything passes health and safety standards. The problem wasnt that they asked for these thing it was that they asked for something different every day right up to the day of the show when enviromental health came in and inspected the cage. Having someone constantly put hoops up for us to jump through got me worried that someone had it in for us.
    Looking back now i think that perhaps the cloud had a silver lining. Now that we have this detailed document no-one will have grounds to shut us down in future. This means we can move to council owned buildings. Specifically liesure centers. But this is something we will look at in due time.

The Card
    The fight card was the hardest ive ever put together. Constant pullouts every day. At one stage i only had three fights. But i got my head down and managed to put on 17 fights. Moderator edit

The night.
    Was awesome. From the moment i arrived (late) at the venue and got the ball rolling things went like clockwork. Dave Jones and Aiden Marron done an excellent job reffing and in turn this freed me up to co-ordinate the fighters and keep things flowing. It was easy. After all the stress and sleepless nights i was wondering what all the fuss was about.
    I only got to see two fights. My wee bro Mark made his debut at the tender age of 14 and went two 3 minute rounds under League rules and got a draw. The main event was going well. I think Darren was gonna stage a comeback in the second round before the head kick. These things happen. Both guys seemed ok with things. Chads suplex was cool. I really wanna get him back up before he heads back to the US of A.

So thats how it was. Ill get up the full results when i find them.

Marty Walker (jnr):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jughead202

again well done martin brilliant show ,great no delays between fights awsome,as an mx racer and club promoter i know where your coming from about the organising bit,but it payed off well congrats,
    as for darren as you said about the 2nd round he was starting to look more like himself getting into a bit of rhythm untill!!!!!!!! loved to have seen that fight going on!!!!!!!!!!

james mc clements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Thread re-opened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mcdermott

Marty any luck with getting the results up?

Advertisement