Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help-Advice Needed!!

Options
  • 13-06-2009 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I finished my final year Arts exams at the end of May.My subjects were Irish and English.Over the past 3 years,I have had a ann average of 69% in Irish and I don't think this will change this year.However,I was not as strong in my other subject which was English.Last year,I got a 2:2 in this subject with an overall mark of 2:1.I had hoped to go on and study for a M.A, in Irish next year and I had been provisionally offered this place.However the English Dept have informed me that I need to repeat an essay which I handed in after Christmas and I will have to do this through the Autumn examinations system.I have been told that this will mean that I will not be able to graduate until December rather than September because of this so will this mean that provided I pass this repeat essay that I will not be able to go on and begin my M.A. in September.Also,I would not be able to apply for a post grad grant until the start of September as that is when my results would be coming out.As the M.A. fees are above 5000 euro,would I be able to hold off on paying them provided I got a note from the local authority awarding grant that they were considering my application as I was depending on them to pay my fees for my course?Anyone have any advice?
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif post_thanks.gif

AskaboutView Public ProfileSend a private message to AskaboutFind More Posts by AskaboutAdd Askabout to Your ContactsAdd Askabout to Ignore List

Advertisement