Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The baby name game...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

missust wrote: »
    i'm due baby in Aug and Juliet is on our shortlist. i thought it was very unfashionable but seems its not. (its my grandmother's name). i'm kinda changing my mind if its gonna be common soon.
    other names on list are: Claudia, Philippa and Elliette.dh likes Lily, i'm not sure. our surname is french so i like the sound of international names with it rather than irish ones.
    isabell was name we picked when i was first pregnant but have heard of loads of isabells since.

Loving Claudia, Isobel/Isabelle/, Lily, Juliet. Not keen on Philippa, Elliette( which sound kinda masculine:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

foxy06 wrote: »
    I don't like layla either, does sound like...well, what Blondie girl said! I do like Allana which is kinda similar though. Addison is v. nice. Also like Maddison.

I'm due a boy in Oct and going with Aidan I think.

We are due in Nov dont know if its a girl or a boy! going with Aidan for a boy and Emma for a girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Due our first in nov,dont know if its a girl or boy! thinking Aidan for a boy Emma for girl :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I have the name Winny in my head for a girl.. I've already been ridiculed by several people over it with reference to 'the Poo' but I've heard of a couple of girls named Winny and I think it's really cute and endearing..

Am I letting the crazy get to me already ??? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ciera

I really like Winny cute!!

I love Hannah Jane, Aisha and Leila!!

for a boy Sam, Aiden and Omar!!

DH is not Irish obviously!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 norsc

I love the name layla but i also love the name Lyla. i would like to spell it Lila but people would probably mispronounce it as lee-la, congrats and best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

We now have Hayley, Emily & Amanda at the top of our baby girl list :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

We're due on Sunday and still cant decide on a name :(

Sophie(my choice) or Freya(girlfriends choice) are the 2 main ones at the minute.

Melion wrote: »

Sophie(my choice) or Freya(girlfriends choice) are the 2 main ones at the minute.

Freya is lovely.. very pretty.. Best of luck.. Don't forget to let us know how it all goes :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

xzanti wrote: »
    I have the name Winny in my head for a girl.. I've already been ridiculed by several people over it with reference to 'the Poo' but I've heard of a couple of girls named Winny and I think it's really cute and endearing..

Am I letting the crazy get to me already ??? :o

I always think of Winnie Cooper from the Wonder Years when I hear that name. :D

I want to name a girl Anna after my late Grandmother but there are Annas on both sides already, I still want to honour her so was half thinking of calling her Anna XYZ and the XYZ to be the name used. Kind of like the kids at school called something like Simon and you find out their real name is John. It doesn't sound right the other way around with any of the names we're also thinking of.

We have a few different names buzzing around, they're all English names, won't go down too well with the in-laws being Irish speakers :P

• Advertisement

I much prefer Freya to Sophia!! I know too many Sophia's at the moment.

Let us know how you get on. Ah Winnie fromt he wonder years still love that name now it's bringing back fond memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Although Layla is very cool (IMO, and was in our final 3 for our girl) she'll be haunted by a guitar riff all her life

duploelabs wrote: »
    Although Layla is very cool (IMO, and was in our final 3 for our girl) she'll be haunted by a guitar riff all her life

Could be worse, I went to school with girls called Cecelia and Alice and my name's Michelle :p

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Sophie, for sure:) Freya sounds old fashioned!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Freya is one of the norse goddesses.

Personally I wouldnt' be mad about naming a child after a god or godess but thats just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 amy-marie

Sophie is such a lovely name.

I love the longer ones like Elizabeth, Danielle or Isabella etc.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I always think of Winnie Cooper from the Wonder Years when I hear that name. :D

:P

That's one of the places I got it from :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Glittergirl

Okay,

My DH and I have been back and forth on names (don't know if it's a boy or girl yet) and we've decided on Ryan and/or Nicole.

What do ye think?

My only concern about Nicole is that it will be shortened to Nicky, eh? Not too keen on that?

Any advice?

Cheers

Ryan is nice....but Nicole I'm not liking sorry!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

I love Nicole. Was on my list when I had my third daughter. Their names are Sarah, Louise (Lulu) and Emily

• Advertisement

Taryn?

Taryn?

Yoink :D

Its a welsh name meanding thunder, I know of two guys called Taryn.

Ive never heard it used for a boy. I think we've finally settled on Taryn Alyssa

Ive never heard it used for a boy. I think we've finally settled on Taryn Alyssa

Has she still not arrived ? :eek:

I got another person advocating the hot curry at the weekend Melion!

My husband was up all night last night going through our national censuses online trying to find his grandfather and found that there were a lot of people with his great-grandfather's name, so this morning he has the name Edward Coyne stuck in his head! Anything is better than Steven Fernando Coyne! :P

xzanti wrote: »
    Has she still not arrived ? :eek:

Nope, 4 days late. She's gone out with the babies godmother for a chinese as i type, so im hoping she eats another spicy curry. She'll be induced on Tuesday if we're still waiting.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I got another person advocating the hot curry at the weekend Melion!

My husband was up all night last night going through our national censuses online trying to find his grandfather and found that there were a lot of people with his great-grandfather's name, so this morning he has the name Edward Coyne stuck in his head! Anything is better than Steven Fernando Coyne! :P

We were going (by we, i mean I) for Steven Fernando if we had a boy too :D

If it is a first baby they have often waited until 7 to 10 days before inducing.
    And tbh being induced wasn't a lot of fun :(

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    If it is a first baby they have often waited until 7 to 10 days before inducing.
    And tbh being induced wasn't a lot of fun :(

She'll be 9 days over when they bring her in, if it goes that far

Advertisement