Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The baby name game...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

went 14 days over on my last baby, would have let them do anything to get her out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

My daughter ( nearly 6 months) is called Bridget. :D I have huge positive response to her name and wouldn't be surprised to see it becoming popular again.

I chose it for many reasons
    1. It was Irish
    2. It was recognised around the world. Imagine what people will do with Aoife abroad. ( neasa was another favourite as phonetic)
    3. It wasn't popular. I really do not understand the collective psychosis that leads people to all call their children the same names. I will be listening to this documentary with interest.
    4. The right name ( important that it combines well with the surname) can create a favourable impression that will help her in the future)

Funnily enough a few of the older midwives in the rotunda were called Bridget ( Breda, Breege). They didn't like their name much and they told me under no circumstances to let her be called Biddy. As if :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey just want some feedback:

Micah Keylan

John Francis

Javier Andrew

Madeline Therese-Marie

Isadora or Honora Celeste

Ariana Aurora

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Okay, I personally like John Francis, Madeleine Threse-Marie and Isadora Celeste. The others... Im not too sure:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I love Madeleine Theresa or Madeleine Marie but Theresa Marie is just sooo long...

Isadora Celeste is lovely too!

Not mad on the others

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ciera

Grawns - Love it and I totally understand I live abroad and you would want to hear how they pronounce the name Aoife....and most other Irish names I mention....I like the name Hana as in (Hannah).

Advertisement