Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot up takes longer since upgrading gfx card

Options
  • 13-06-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

Well, this seems to have happened with me. I'm on a 300 watt PSU with a Radeon 3850 and Athlon 3400+ so I dunno if this is the cause.
    Does it sound even possible that adding a gfx card should make the computer take longer to boot up?
    It was way quicker before I added this card.
    I even had a previous 3850, which I returned for other reasons, that one didn't cause a longer bootup, but the current one does:confused:

Any ideas whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

It's a bit close, one thing your post is missing, how many HD's, how many optical drives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Amalgam wrote: »
    It's a bit close, one thing your post is missing, how many HD's, how many optical drives?

1 HD, 1 Optical

• Registered Users Posts: 82,408 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you dont need it at the moment try taking the Optical drive offline.

It could also be that its trying to load an old set of gpu drivers and the new ones.

Go ahead and download ccleaner and run the registry sweeper. See if it doesnt help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

dont switch it off - use sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Uninstall the driver, reboot to safe mode (by pressing f8 before windows boots) and run Driver Sweeper (install it first before You start) to clean, reboot and install the latest driver for Your OS from the Ati website (have it ready)

• Advertisement
Advertisement