Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One for the Lizzy/Grand Slam fans

• 14-06-2009 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

Studio demo from the early 80s

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

good stuff :)

Has this been previously unavailable?

good stuff :)

Has this been previously unavailable?
    Not sure,just came across them the last night,thought they were interesting enough to post.Any new/unheard lynott stuff interests me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Thanks for posting these.

Anyone know if the Grand Slam live/demo cds are worth getting? I've seen loads of different versions of them, like this, this and this but didn't really want to get them in case they were just crap quality.

I have the Live in Ireland one,and the quality is a bit ropey,sounds like it was recorded straight from the sound desk or something,but its not so bad that its unlistenable.

Real pity Grand slam werent able to get a record deal.

Another few obscure post lizzy tracks..I know its not rock or metal,but its interesting all the same.

The third track from Lynott's studio session in 1985. This was another track that was intended for his third solo album that was never finished. This song is an update of the Grand Slam song "Harlem"; similar music and melody, but completely different lyrics

In 1985 Phil Lynott began work in a studio in San Francisco (with members of Huey Lewis & the News) on what was intended to be his third solo album. Material included Can't Get Away, Still Alive and One Wish. These at one time were thought to be his last known recordings. Others have been found since and they do exist.

Another track from the 1985 Sessions with Huey Lewis & the News

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I suppose for what they are, they're not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 evakapp

Thanks very much for posting these... do you have more of that stuff??

Advertisement