Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boring in game music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

If you get bored of it stick on subtitles, turn down in game music and play music from the hard drive? thats what I do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Or plug in your iPod.

Playing portal this morning listening to the iPod, hangover bliss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Guitar Hero World Tour.

Don't do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Mass Effect soundtrack is fantastic.
    Halo 3 one may have the best in-game and scripted soundtracks (to play at certain moments).
    Half Life 2 is also great for this.

I generally only think about the good music. If it's not good I tune it out/forget about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

If you get bored of it stick on subtitles, turn down in game music and play music from the hard drive? thats what I do
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I love the main menu theme from Crackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The music in Terminator Salvation is probably the best thing about it. Its an interpretation of Brad Fiedel's original music, so it'd take skill to screw it up.

The music in the new Bionic Commando game is also terrific. The theme tune is played on a single piano on the title screen (and its really well done), and the in game music is memorable and hummable. I heard the soundtrack was released - must look around for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

GTA IV soundtrack (radio stations) is abismal IMO. Also Twilight Princess, whoever thought a Zelda soundtrack only deserved a s**tty MIDI soundtrack should be shot.

Great soundtracks, Left 4 Dead. that plinky piano sets the mood fantastically. Also The Force Unleashed, same as Terminator, it's all somewhat centred around John Williams, near impossible to screw up. And Gears soundtrack of course, atmospheric to say the least.

Advertisement