Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering scars with tattoo's

Options
  • 14-06-2009 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience covering scars with tattoo's?
    I have 4 scars on my arm that i really dislike, they bring up a lot of unwanted questions really, so i would really like to get them covered up. They're quite big but a bout 4 years old by now. Ive looked it up and it seems like its doable but theres a bigger risk off the colour bleeding ect.
    Has anyone had scars or even stretch marks covered by a tattoo? Would it be worth talking to an artist about?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As you said, it's doable, but there is a higher risk of colour bleeding.
    It will not completely hide a scar or stretch mark either though, as the skin has a different surface properties, and will still show through. It might help mask it a little though.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

on that note, as its scar tissue, should it hurt more than normal tissue? I have a steel plate in my wrist, leaving a scar, in a horrible place and people think the worst when they see it :( haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

A friend of mine was doing it over Scar tissue caused from Burns, cant remember if it turned out as it was fair few year ago.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yeah, ive a scar from surgery that got infected while it was healing and turned large, lumpy and purple (have one on both sides, and you can hardly see the other one).

got it inked over about... wow, almost 2 years ago now (:eek:) yet to see any colour bleeding etc. couldnt tell you if it hurt more or not, the pain, i recall was more associated with the placing near the bone as to the placing near the scar tissue.

Advertisement