Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice For Car Theft Victims

• 14-06-2009 2:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hullo,

(I'm a n00b here so apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.)

Does anybody have any sage advice for somebody that's just had their car pinched. I'd just taken the thing out of mothballs too, so it wasn't even insured yet.

How the "scallywags" nicked it is beyond me, it was in broad daylight and didn't even have a battery.

Other than the battery, it was in perfect nick and only had 13k miles on the clock so I'm a little bit "annoyed" about the whole affair. I reported it to the cops but if anybody knows if there's anything practical I can do beyond this, it would be a great help.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You could maybe put the info up on some local / regional car forums and / or ask garages to have a look out for it.

I reckon there's SFA you can do though in general beyond buying a new car until (if) this one shows up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Moogintroll

Yea, I figure that it's been stripped for parts and set ablaze by now. With any luck the burning plastic fumes gave the thieving scum cancer.

Not that I'm feeling bitter or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

put the details up here and the general area it was taken from. People do that here somethimrs to keep look out.
    If there was no batt, it was either pushed away or put on a trailer. either way, you'd imagine somebody saw something.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Check the multi story car parks in the area, Often car thiefs will leave the car in one of these for a few days to make sure there isnt one of those gps trackers in it,

Well, if anybody from Blanch / Castleknock / Clonsilla tries to sell you 98 silver Ford Fiesta with only 13,000 miles on the clock, reg 98 D 45301 it's been nicked.

@Charlie: Yea, you'd imagine that somebody saw something, I asked around and nobody saw diddly. It wasn't really road worthy either so it would have had to be stuck on a truck or something.

@Angus: A good suggestion but I don't think they'd be that concerned about GPS trackers considering the car's age and type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Well, if anybody from Blanch / Castleknock / Clonsilla tries to sell you 98 silver Ford Fiesta with only 13,000 miles on the clock, reg 89 D 45301 it's been nicked.

@Charlie: Yea, you'd imagine that somebody saw something, I asked around and nobody saw diddly. It wasn't really road worthy either so it would have had to be stuck on a truck or something.

@Angus: A good suggestion but I don't think they'd be that concerned about GPS trackers considering the car's age and type.

is it an 89 or a 98 ??? and chances are its probably burned out in somewhere like hartestown , you dont steal a car like that for parts, thats something youd rob for a bit of a joyride

is it an 89 or a 98 ??? and chances are its probably burned out in somewhere like hartestown , you dont steal a car like that for parts, thats something youd rob for a bit of a joyride

Well spotted mate, the car's reg is 98 D 45301

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I'm just suprised the car wasnt found 100 yards down the road when they realised that it wasn't gonna start.
    Very good chance that it is burned out somwhere though, i'm sorry to say

Very good chance that it is burned out somwhere though, i'm sorry to say

Yea, I'm pretty much resigned to this. I have very specific reasons to suggest a certain sector of the Irish population are responsible and I should have seen this coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Yea, I'm pretty much resigned to this. I have very specific reasons to suggest a certain sector of the Irish population are responsible and I should have seen this coming.

knackers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Banking sector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

did you ring around the car pounds maybe it was towed away as no tax insurance or parked illegaly:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This looks like a dump from AH.

* Puts on suspicious hat

knackers.

Well, I'd never use that word. At least not in public. In private I've been using much stronger language this past few days.

rocknchef wrote: »
    did you ring around the car pounds maybe it was towed away as no tax insurance or parked illegaly:confused:

First thing I did after calling the cops was to get on the phone to the council. My first suspicion was that one of the neighbours that we don't get on with (were such selfish baxtards for complaining about them having all night raves) had it towed. Doesn't look like that's the case though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

(were such selfish baxtards for complaining about them having all night raves) .
    Just get a song by 2 unlimited(doesnt matter which,they are all sh1te).Next time your going a way for a long weekend just leave it on repeat and very LOUD.

Bummer about the car.Sounds like a theft for a joyride but the fact it has no battery and was still taken is strange

NilByMouth wrote: »
    Just get a song by 2 unlimited(doesnt matter which,they are all sh1te).Next time your going a way for a long weekend just leave it on repeat and very LOUD.

Nah, they'd dig that kind of crap. The kid is unemployed though (it was hilarious hearing him going from "I don't need no stinking leaving cert", to tears of "I don't have a leaving cert. WHAT WILL I DO NOW!") and we all know the best part of being on the dole is kipping in until 3 in the afternoon. He might find that hard with some of the god awful music my mother left behind blaring through his wall from 7:30 in the morning.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

Go for it:)ha ha daniel o donnell or something

NilByMouth wrote: »
    Go for it:)ha ha daniel o donnell or something

Oh, I can do worse than that. My mother was into her hymns *shudder*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Well, if anybody from Blanch / Castleknock / Clonsilla tries to sell you 98 silver Ford Fiesta with only 13,000 miles on the clock, reg 98 D 45301 it's been nicked.

im about 90% sure a car like that was parked down the end of Woodsend by the castleknock roundabout today about 7pm. I noticed it more so cos theres never cars parked there outside the apartment gates and it was parked arseways too.

It's not there now however cos I've just gone outside and checked.

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    im about 90% sure a car like that was parked down the end of Woodsend by the castleknock roundabout today about 7pm. I noticed it more so cos theres never cars parked there outside the apartment gates and it was parked arseways too.

It's not there now however cos I've just gone outside and checked.

Oh really? That's actually mighty interesting.

Thanks for keeping your peepers peeled mate, I really appreciate it.

Advertisement