Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virus? wtf!

• 14-06-2009 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Ive been trying to upload photos in net cafes today here that should have the microsoft photo wizard software, and one of them gave me some message about a virus or something. I know sod all about this type of thing really, but the photos can still be viewed on the camera, it just seems as if Microsoft Wizard isnt communicating with it. Is my camera fcuked for good now? Can I upload the photos by putting the memory card into another camera?

V vague I know but as said this really isnt my area of knowledge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

shane86 wrote: »
    Ive been trying to upload photos in net cafes today here that should have the microsoft photo wizard software, and one of them gave me some message about a virus or something. I know sod all about this type of thing really, but the photos can still be viewed on the camera, it just seems as if Microsoft Wizard isnt communicating with it. Is my camera fcuked for good now? Can I upload the photos by putting the memory card into another camera?

V vague I know but as said this really isnt my area of knowledge.

From your very vague discription that i'll admit i'm trying to make heads nor tails of i'd reckon its the computer that has the virus which is extremely common. I presume it was the computer that displayed the error message. If so the computer has a virus. I don't think camera's could actually alert you to a virus they would just be carriers. I'd reckon once you get the pictures you want off the camera, reformat your memory card and you'll be fine assuming my assumptions are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

assuming it is a virus on your memory card, i'd guess that there shouldn't be an issue with the camera itself. try using a card reader to recover the images on a 'safe' machine with anti virus etc.. once recovered then format the card or buy a new one and throw the old one away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What the hell is Microsoft Wizard?

It doesn't even matter. Do this: Plug your camera in the computer. Wait a moment. Open My Computer, double click the camera and find the photos and then drag them onto the desktop. Send them where you need to send them.

Cameras can't get computer viruses, so I'm not sure what you're talking about but it probably isn't important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Zillah wrote: »
    Cameras can't get computer viruses.

True, but flash cards can transport them!

stick-dan
    & AnCatDubh are right, recover the images in a safe machine and reformat the card in the PC and then in the camera (just to be sure)

Advertisement