Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeps losing connection

• 14-06-2009 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a Ripwave connection from Irish Broadband.
    My problem is this, every 10 to 15 minutes or so, I lose connection to the internet for a various amount of minutes before it is back up. I have noted a few things. If say I am using Google Chrome it will give me an error report of either error 105 or 101 and at the bottom left it would say ..resolving host and on Firefox it will say Address not found or Connection Interrupted.

I have been on MSN when I lost connection. In the box where you can repair a lost connection on MSN, it showed that the default gateway was offline.

So I did a ping test when I had connection and when I had lost connection.

I pinged my ip address and was fine on both occasions, no problem there.

I pinged my default gateway, when I had connection it was fine but when I had lost connection it said
    sent 4 packets received 0 packets 100% loss

The gateway looks like my ip address but it is missing a few numbers at the end.

I have contacted Irish Broadband about this and was told to upgrade to their other service, which will in effect cost me more money than I can afford to pay out at the moment. IBB have updated the software on the modem I have numerous times, thinking this will solve the issue, switching off and on the modem, refreshing the software and nothing has worked.

I had previously been told that it may be my computer settings but there is nothing wrong with my computer. I have not changed any settings or anything and it is running smoothly. The whole thing is really annoying me. I would move to another provider but my finances are such that I cannot afford extra pay outs at the moment.

Can you help shed light on the problem? Are you using Ripwave and experiencing the same issues?

Thanks for reading,

Kindest regards,

Merlie

Advertisement