Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why dont teenagers and adults get along?

• 14-06-2009 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

whaddya think? different way of thinking? different hormones? different viewpoint?

Comments

It's not different hormones whatsoever. Hormones have been the same since the dawn of time. I reckon it's because we are different to them when they were teenagers.

That and some teenagers are just annoying. It's one of the worst experiences ever when a group of school kids gets on a bus after school, sits down the back and starts roaring and shouting and playing music from their sh1tty little phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

It's not different hormones whatsoever. Hormones have been the same since the dawn of time. I reckon it's because we are different to them when they were teenagers.

That and some teenagers are just annoying. It's one of the worst experiences ever when a group of school kids gets on a bus after school, sits down the back and starts roaring and shouting and playing music from their sh1tty little phones.

lol. how about an apprenticeship from ranting and raving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

It's probably some sort of in built mechanism to encourage the chicks to leave the nest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Dunno I tend to get on great with lots of adults, then again some of them are arseholes. Same goes for teenagers though. I think its down to the teenager really, you act like an angsty young so and so and you'll get treated like one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

Because teenagers are feckin' eejits!
    Have you ever listened to a group of teenagers talking ****e and then compared it to a group of adults talking ****e?
    The adults have lives outside of school and gay social circles.
    And about these social circles all your friends will leave you someday so enough of this bfs 4 eva ****e!!(most) Teenagers have yet to get the kick in the stones that will make them either strong or make them wasters.
    All the problems ye have are ****ty little mickey mouse problems compared to adults and ye should be thankful for being permmited to breath the air the tax paying adults have paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Tone it down a bit. If you have a chip in your shoulder about teenagers then take it to ranting and raving, it's not for here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

Sorry forgot what forum I was in and started taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Have you ever listened to a group of teenagers talking ****e and then compared it to a group of adults talking ****e?
    And about these social circles all your friends will leave you someday so enough of this bfs 4 eva ****e!!(most) Teenagers have yet to get the kick in the stones that will make them either strong or make them wasters.
    All the problems ye have are ****ty little mickey mouse problems compared to adults and ye should be thankful for being permmited to breath the air the tax paying adults have paid for.

You remind me of that one for the Irish Times (or was it the Independent) Leaving Cert students biggest whiners in Ireland over the whole English fiasco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Generally, I get on better with adults than I do with teenagers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I've always gotten on better with older people than people my own age..

All through school, my best friends were those 3-4+ years older than me, and know so many more people older than I am than around my own age. That said, I do have a good few friends younger than me too...meh, I'm just awesome :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dumb

They do get along! I suppose some people have issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Because of narrow-minded gobsh*tes like this fella. I get on well with most adults in all fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Meh. I get on fine with my parents, sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Stev_o wrote: »
    You remind me of that one for the Irish Times (or was it the Independent) Leaving Cert students biggest whiners in Ireland over the whole English fiasco.
    That 'one' has a point.

Those pathetic bitches who rang into Joe Duffy complaining gave the rest of us a bad name. Makes me sad to think that many of them are the "600 points future doctors blah blah blah". Shower of wasters.

Teenagers don't generally get on with adults because teenagers are in the 13-18 age group and adults are in the 25-70 age group. They are older and have done all the stuff that we're doing already. We have different tastes to them. FFS, it's not rocket science!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dumb

So what the hell are 18-25.

18 & 19 are teenagers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Dumb wrote: »
    So what the hell are 18-25.

18 & 19 are teenagers!
    Alcoholics/Ravers/Students etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Teenagers havn't been broken by "The Man"......

Teenagers should run the world, after all they fight all our wars!!!!

Disclaimer : I'm not a Teenager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Sometimes I think that when some people hit 20 there's a switch in their brain which deletes all real memories of their teenage years, and substitutes scenes from The Brady Bunch and Little House on the Prairie :rolleyes:

I know a few ~20 year olds who rant and rave about teenagers, and honestly I just want to throw something at them ... because 5 years ago they were the most annoying little scrotebags going! :D

Sure, teenagers can be annoying sometimes, some teenagers can be very annoying in fact.

Much the same is true of some adults.

Who knew? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭well horse

Agree 100%, and I'm a teenager myself! But teenagers don't like being told by adults that their problems are trivial, they also don't like being reminded that they are alive at the best time in all of human and animal history and that they live in a privelleged position (by living in Ireland), even within that already comfortable setting. They sit by the side of the lake, throwing stones, and pondering all their "problems" :rolleyes: Some of them need a good ol' fashion Irish beating, show them that they're not American

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

K4t wrote: »
    Alcoholics/Ravers/Students etc etc
    Im none of these things :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Im none of these things :(
    Not even an "etc." ? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Up until I was about 19-20 I saw everything much more black and white than I do now, and thought I knew everything - I remember having an argument with a midwife about the best way to deliver babies, I was quite the idiot back then (and still am occasionally).

Advertisement