Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Beers

Options
  • 14-06-2009 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

What time pubs/offlicences open sunday? Can get early drink anywhere? Need beer NOW.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

they're all shut today because of the feast of maximum occupancy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

12:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Maybe try an early house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

12:30

Too long to wait, gonna raid the parents drinks cabinet,only drink wine and spirits when nothing else to drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Kiera wrote: »
    Maybe try an early house.

No early houses on sunday i think. Heuston station serves early i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead could do with a beer right now as well Ron. Had a horrible argument with Miss Piggy last night and worse still ended up losing the damn thing. If there's one thing Pighead hates more than arguing, it's losing the argument. Disastrous day all round. And it started off so well.

Miss Piggy: Hey ya dearest Pighead. You fancy going for a drive up to the mountains, where we can sit back, have a picnic and let the gentle breeze blow through our hair?
    Pighead: Sounds lovely Miss Piggy. I'll just make the picnic now.
    At this point we both break into howls of laughter as Miss Piggy heads into the kitchen to make the picnic. She always loves it when Pighead pretends he's going to do teh woman's job.

Anyway, a short time later we were heading for the mountains laughing and joking and singing some songs. Coldplay's Viva La Vida came on and we both whooped with joy.
    Pighead: Whoop! We love this song Miss Piggy. Lets give it loads my little lambchop. Pighead will sing the verses and you sing the chorus.
    Miss Piggy: Lets do it my hairy man of love.

Pighead sang the first verse beautifully, he nailed it and the pressure was on Miss Piggy to deliver a faultless chorus. Even though our singing is meant to be fun and lighthearted there is always an undercurrent of competition that neither of us openly admit. So she starts the chorus and then BANG, all hell breaks loose.

Miss Piggy:I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing
    Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
    Pighead: Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha! You said Roman CAVALRY choirs are singing instead of Roman CATHOLIC choirs are singing you silly demented mare!
    Miss Piggy: Eh, what the hell are you banging on about Pigdick? I sang Cavalry choirs because the words are Cavalry choirs. It's you that has made the boo boo here and it's you that needs to apologise for being in the wrong.
    Pighead: Not a chance I'm apologising for something that I'm a 100% certain that I'm right about. Not a bloody chance. Why the hell would a Roman Cavalry start singing? It makes no sense you bloody silly woman!

She was angry. SO angry, she turned back there and then and didn't utter one word on the return journey. She didn't even sing along to Sexyback. This was serious.

Pighead had never seen her so angry but looked forward to the moment where she checked the lyrics and realised that yet again Pighead was right. Her anger would soon turn to regret and sheepishness and she would offer to make it up to Pighead by washing his feet for him. Unfortunately that never happened. Pighead's heart sank lower than a snakes bollocks when he checked www.lyricsmode.com. It was Roman cavalry choirs that were singing. She looked at Pighead with a mixture of smugness and contempt The game was up, it was time to admit defeat. Pighead ran out of the house and didn't go back.

Still haven't apologised and don't really want to. Deperately trying to think of a way we can get back to the place we were before that damn stupid song came on the radio(Fcuk you Larry Gogan) without apologising. There's gotta be a way. Maybe alcohol is that way.

Short Version: Pighead and Miss Piggy had a row yesterday and Pighead doesn't want to apologise so he's thinking of imbibing some alcohol in the hope of finding some much needed inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

I thought it was Catholic too!

July wrote: »
    I thought it was Catholic too!
    Pighead wishes it you were in that car yesterday instead of Miss Piggy. Then none of this would have happened.

Well done, PigFace. You seem to have found your funny again.

Well done, PigFace. You seem to have found your funny again.
    There's absolutely nothing funny about a relationship in crisis Kiera. This is serious. Like an episode of Newsnight or attending a funeral.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    There's absolutely nothing funny about a relationship in crisis Kiera. This is serious. Like an episode of Newsnight or attending a funeral.
    I'm actually laughing at the fact that someone would willingly go out with you.

I'm actually laughing at the fact that someone would willingly go out with you.
    Jealousy is a mental cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

It's "cavalry choirs" ?? :confused:
    Always could have sworn it was catholic.

bluewolf wrote: »
    It's "cavalry choirs" ?? :confused:
    Always could have sworn it was catholic.
    You and Pighead both bluewolf. Still reeling here. Absolute shambles this whole fiasco has ecome. It's like the whole "Sushi not being raw fish" argument that Pighead lost back in 03. Could have sworn it was Japanese for raw fish but alas it isn't.

Just when you think you've got this crazy world all sussed out along comes a curveall like this to knock you down a peg or three. Guess it's God's way of letting us know that is only Him that is infallible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Why would it be Catholic?

Obviously it's cavalry. And even if it was catholic, you'd still be wrong. Women are never wrong. So apologise. Suck all the small pride you have and apologise. Pigheadedness is something I would not have expected form you, Pighead.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Why would it be Catholic?

Obviously it's cavalry. And even if it was catholic, you'd still be wrong. Women are never wrong. So apologise. Suck all the small pride you have and apologise. Pigheadedness is something I would not have expected form you, Pighead.
    How the hell is it obviously cavalry?! The Roman cavalry were formed to protect Rome's borders from treacherous enemy. So by you and Chris Martin's reasoning, whenever an enemy attacked, the cavalry got together in a huddle, formed a choir and decided to sing the enemy to death.

Nope, doesn't make sense. Roman Catholic choirs makes way more sense as they actually exist. It's Chris Martin and yourself that need to apologise here, not Pighead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

No early houses on sunday i think. Heuston station serves early i think.

There an early house at the bottom of Pearce street

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How the hell is it obviously cavalry?! The Roman cavalry were formed to protect Rome's borders from treacherous enemy. So by you and Chris Martin's reasoning, whenever an enemy attacked, the cavalry got together in a huddle, formed a choir and decided to sing the enemy to death.

Nope, doesn't make sense. Roman Catholic choirs makes way more sense as they actually exist. It's Chris Martin and yourself that need to apologise here, not Pighead.

Calvaries would sing in unision before battle :pac::pac::pac:

APOLOGISE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Short Version: Pighead and Miss Piggy had a row yesterday and Pighead doesn't want to apologise so he's thinking of imbibing some alcohol in the hope of finding some much needed inspiration.

That's what you get for listening to Coldplay, Pighead.

Advertisement