Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Models

• 14-06-2009 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hello,

I am wondering has anyone ever used / hired / requested models for their work, and if so, what is the best way to go about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 drac12

Have a look at O.M.P., Netmodel, Purestorm, Jurgita and Modelmayhem to name but a few, they all have models based in Ireland on their books. I have found that quite a few of these "models" will not commit to a shoot, so you would have to question why they have their photographs posted on these sites, best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

What type of work is it?

There are quite a few ways of going about it. Points of note; have a model release for the shoot, explain exactly what needs to be done before the shoot (Well in advance).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

www.folio32.com is a good resource for models and photographers. I've booked models I've found through it before and haven't had problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheWealth

Thanks for all the information, but I imagine that the models from any agency would cost a lot. Would it be feasible or would it be appropriate to possibly inquire as to models coming from acting college courses? Or those studying that type of thing in college?

Would that be a weird thing to ask or approach people about?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I think that's where Al gets most of his models. Never hurts to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

As Paul said, it never hurts to ask.

I just happen to be quite lucky, and have friends that are either quite attractive or models already. Or I hire via agency if needs be.

Or I'll just go up to someone and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

drac12 wrote: »
    I have found that quite a few of these "models" will not commit to a shoot

I know plenty of models who use those sites, most of them are pretty picky about who they work with, and can be because of getting lots of offers.

Advertisement