Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

assassins creed 2 collectors edition

Options
  • 14-06-2009 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭

whats the story with it i seen it priced at 90 euro on play.com can we get it cheaper?

any help will be much appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Since it's not out until November, few sites have it up. I suspect that it will be cheaper than €90 in most places, since prices have dropped so much. Play are a bit too expensive this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Just your typical pre-order extravagant prices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

i say this christmas is going to some deal on games last year must big games where 40 euros i say this year there going to be 30 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ah yes. another overhyped title trying to hoodwink fatwallet gamers in with gimmicky special edition preorder shyte.

Nothing wrong with buying a title 6 months or more after release. The good games will keep their multiplayer communities long after they are released. And the single player games? Well you really just have no excuse :p they'll always be the same whether you pay 90 euros or 9 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

its the collectors edition thats pulling me in drooooool lol!

seriously though i hope they do drop the prices as it really is too expensive!

• Advertisement

Yeah but remember how the Zero Punctuation guy bought the collectors edition of Mirrors Edge?

You will feel the exact same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What are they giving you this time, a nice case and a keychain

intriguing.

But if the game goes sour those extras will be on ebay faster than you can say Fail.

i agree but i have the original altair figure and really want the other!

decisions decisions lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Play.com have exclusivity on the collectors edition, so you'll probably struggle to get it anywhere else other than ebay after it comes out.

(Unless it's region free, you may be able to pick up a copy from the states)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

The question that begs to be answered is: Do you really want to hedge your bets with 90E on a sequel to one of the biggest let downs of the current game generations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The question that begs to be answered is: Do you really want to hedge your bets with 90E on a sequel to one of the biggest let downs of the current game generations?

Might have been a let down for you but it wasn't for me, and a good few of my friends feel the same.

After Crackdown and portal, assassins creed is the best game i've played on the 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

TBH, I LOVED running around like a headless chicken, and the jumping from mad heights. Climbing to the top of that atherdal in Acre was one of my most memorable gaming experiences.

Was far from brilliant, but I'll definately be getting the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Likewise, loved the original, though it was flawed in some places. :)

And just climbed that cathedral again yesterday as part of playthrough #3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I enjoyed the original, it was just so repetitive, between the samey missions and re-used voice samples. "Coorse the Christian King and his army of infidels..". I intend to play through it again though, to get the last few achievements.

I have the figure from the first CE, this one looks even better. I'd also like the soundtrack and bonus in-game missions.

Advertisement