Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lost keys Gixr 750, whats the worst scenario

• 14-06-2009 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Can't find keys for Gixr750 :mad:

Whats the worst scenario, sepearte keys for fuel tank and ignition.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Can't find keys for Gixr750 :mad:

Whats the worst scenario, sepearte keys for fuel tank and ignition.

A top locksmith could cut you new keys with out the need for replacing the barrel , give one a ring and get a quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

do ya not have the key number wrote down. Ya be grand then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

No, I can remove the ignition switch andcheckfor a number,, other prob, the fuel cap takes a seperate key,I may have to bust it open. :mad:

ah crap thats a bit of hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

No, I can remove the ignition switch andcheckfor a number,, other prob, the fuel cap takes a seperate key,I may have to bust it open. :mad:
    take it off with the screws and get at it from underneath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

How old is the bike? Does it have an immobiliser chip in the key?

Most bikes from 2000-on have keychip immobilisers and the bike won't start without a correctly coded chip. The worst I heard was an almost new Firebalde which needed new lock barrels, an ECU and the reciever on the ignition switch replaced - €1800+vat

'cptr

Most bikes from 2000-on have keychip immobilisers and the bike won't start without a correctly coded chip. The worst I heard was an almost new Firebalde which needed new lock barrels, an ECU and the reciever on the ignition switch replaced - €1800+vat

'cptr

i think his is a slingshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Tigger wrote: »
    i think his is a slingshot

Thats ok so. Hammer a screwdriver into both locks.

Firebalde - LOLZ...

'c

'cptr

Its a J series, ie 1988 an early model not out long after the slab side, still called the Hyper Sport although mistakingly called the slingshot. (The sling shot used flatsided carbs). This is all long before they started e tagging ignition keys. :)

I ordered an ignition and matching tank cap for a L series on Ebay for 40 quid, they are identical to the J. The three digit number on ignition was illegible, early models had the numbers visible on from the top yolk, not very clever, who ever had the bike removed them.

40 squids aint bad at all.

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    40 squids aint bad at all.
    Thought so myself also better what I had before, ie two seperate keys for tank and ignition, There is another lock for the front seat to access the battery, this is a joke as it will open if you pull the cable. I will make sure to get spares cut.

Its a J series, ie 1988 an early model not out long after the slab side, still called the Hyper Sport although mistakingly called the slingshot. (The sling shot used flatsided carbs). This is all long before they started e tagging ignition keys. :)

mines a slingshot :cool: and its an L

I ordered an ignition and matching tank cap for a L series on Ebay for 40 quid, they are identical to the J. The three digit number on ignition was illegible, early models had the numbers visible on from the top yolk, not very clever, who ever had the bike removed them.

glad to see yer sorted

Fitted new ignition switch last night no probs,after hacking open the fuel cap I discovered that the new keys fitted it. :mad: Not too bothered as it had Alzheimer's disease and was marked.

ha ha ha. Nice one

Advertisement