Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic card problem

Options
  • 14-06-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi all i have a problem with my graphics card. it is a ati9200 128mb.

i have a acer 20" screen that works best with 1600x900 res. when i got the monitor it worked fine.

lately i have been having issues where if i touched the monitor cable (vga) the pc would not boot up.

changed the vga cable and this went away. but today when i went to boot pc the display is back to 1360x1024 and 1600x900 is not on the list.

i tried updating drivers for card and no joy all that is on it is 1600x1200

in device manager the monitor is listed as standard display not the acer monitor i have if i try to install the acer software the pc crashes. if i try to open dxdiag and do anything in there the pc crashes.

i think the card is on the way out. it says on the front it is a AGP card how do i find out what card i can replace it with.

pc is a emachines 8220 2.7ghz p4 1.5 gb ram and windows xp.

any help would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭eshortie

have you tried using another vga port on the card?
    Sounds as though it's not detecting the monitor.

If switching ports and uninstalling and reinstalling all drivers doesn't work then the card is probably on the way out, still I'm no expert

You can get new ones (AGP) on komplett still and other sites too I'm sure.

Advertisement