Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rrod question.Does anyone know?

• 14-06-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

I got the rrod last week and my xbox is sadly out of warranty.Last night I done the trick with the 3 towels and my xbox is up and going again.What I want to know is,how long will this keep my xbox alive for? and can I expect it to die again very soon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I think that usually only works for a month maybe. But you could be lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Fingers crossed so,thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

it happened me too and i had to do the towel trick evry 4 days or so, ring microsoft and they will fix it for free, they changed their warranty poloicies and they now fix the RROD and e74 for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The towel trick is very dangerous for the console and will eventually make it die altogether. The only permanent fix for this is to replace the x clamps inside the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

yep, towel trick is the best and quickest way to kill your xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are you sure you're out of warranty? It's 3 years for the RROD and E74, 2 years for everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Achilles wrote: »
    The towel trick is very dangerous for the console and will eventually make it die altogether. The only permanent fix for this is to replace the x clamps inside the console.

Its not really a permanent fix either. I havent had any complaints so far about them but its only a matter of time before they go again.

The best way is to reflow the solder, problem is the at the cost of that you may aswell buy a new arcade.

Was the console out of warranty for time reasons or modded reasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Thanks for all the answers;).The xbox's warranty has definitely expired.It ran out last july.Microsoft quoted me €91 to fix it and will give me another one year's warranty, but I think I'd be better off doing what witnessmenow say's and pick up a new arcade with a 3 year warranty.My birthday's in 6 weeks so hopefully this one will last till then.

Advertisement