Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes the barca team tick??

• 14-06-2009 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi all,
    This is a topic we have gotten into talking about in the dressing room over the last while. Basically we have been talking about what makes the barca team that much better than other teams in europe. I don't know if anyone would be interested in this thread but i'd like to see other peoples views on this.
    Lewe:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

players like Messi, Xavi and Iniesta would be a good place to start!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

hey Lewe, check out this thread

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055482408&page=20

Barca super thread for all things Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Lewe wrote: »
    what makes the barca team that much better than other teams in europe.

I don't agree with this at all.

If it wasn't for some of the worst officiating seen in the CL since the early 70's they'd have been knocked out by Chelsea & deservedly so.

*just cause they tonked Utd in a one off match does not make them "much better than other teams in Europe" had they been up against a team who didn't have one of their worst performances of the season, and who had a decent midfield, the game would have been different.* :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Mr Alan wrote: »
    If it wasn't for some of the worst officiating seen in the CL since the early 70's they'd have been knocked out by Chelsea & deservedly so.

QFT.

Maybe its just because I'm a Chelsea fan but I'm getting pretty sick of people w@nking over Barca, Chelsea made them look very very ordinary for 180 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Woooah hang on.

If Chelsea deserved to beat barca, and as you seem to believe they did, why didn't they? IF the ref was as bad as you say he was, surely Uefa would have asked for a replay.

The fact is..
    In the first leg, Chelsea where very lucky not to concede that Bojan header, and Iniesta should have earned a peno when that thug Ballack punched him in the face. AND Henry was given a judo type submission in the box!

In the second leg, Chelsea scored a fantastic goal, but other than that had no REAL threat upfront. Same could be said about Barca but.. they kept there heads up and got a deserved equaliser.

I suggest you stop moaning and addmitt Barca have had a fantastic season.

Actually, one last point. Stop complaining about Uniteds weakened mid-field. Barca had 1 of the normal back four playing in the final. Also, Henry was no were near his best after his spell out before the game.

ON TOPIC

What makes Barca truely tick, is the philosophy its self, and the two players that are the empodiment of this pass and move philosophy. Iniesta and Xavi. I seen a video a while back about how the two are great pal's off the pitch as well as on it. And they get involved in the youth academy allot. There two great players, without there service, Messi would be anonomous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    surely Uefa would have asked for a replay

pieinthesky.jpg

I'm hungry now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    If Chelsea deserved to beat barca, and as you seem to believe they did, why didn't they? IF the ref was as bad as you say he was, surely Uefa would have asked for a replay.

are you joking?

abelard wrote: »
    pieinthesky.jpg

That looks nice

Mr Alan wrote: »
    are you joking?

yes, yes I am >.<

No honestly thought, if Chelsea were by far the better team as many of you seem to think, how come they failed to score a goal from open play? OTHER that Essien's stunner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Right chaps, original discussion copied to the Barcelona Superthread

The Chelsea vs Barca discussion copied to the semi-final 2nd leg thread though I don't see much point in flogging that horse any longer, as it's long since dead.

And I've eaten the pie...all of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement