Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A.C. Milan Team Talk/Transfer Gossip/Rumours Thread

• 14-06-2009 2:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

seeing as everyone else has one, I thought I'd start a Milan one in the belife that they will be pretty active this summer and this will stop me making umpteen threads.

So we can post in here about our veiws on the team, who we feel they should/could add and what formations Leo should be trying out in the Post Carleto/Maldini/Kaka eara (thats a massive shift!).

I'll start with something hot off the presses that shows a lot of intent from Milan and actually excites me quite a bit.

Milan agree fee and contract for Porto's 22 year old fullback Cissokho who will sign a contract and be unviled this evening!

From acmilan.com
    "Strong full back Aly Cissokho will land in Milan tonight after the agreement reached for his transfer between Fc Porto and A.C. Milan last night. The French footballer will undergo the medical checks tomorrow, after which he will sign a contract with Milan."

Great signing and will really push Janku for his place at left back.

Milan finally signing young defenders, he is 22, Thaigo Silva is 23, both will be starting next year with Zambro and Nesta there as the steady experienced pros.

We have also agreed a pre-contract with Dzeko and are working on a fee with wolfsburg, which would be an amazing signing and a perfect partner for Pato in a two man attack. If we can bring in Hernanes (rated the most promising player in not playing in Europe by the times) and Miranda from Sao Paolo (both about 23) and bring Paloschi from Parma we would have 5 competitive strikers (with Boriello and Pippo there aswell).

Apparently Leo is picking his own transfer targets (which Calretto didnt do) and seeing as how he was our best scout for the last 7 years (found Kaka, Pato, Thaigo Silva and a few others) he should have a large network of youth players to draw from.

Milan have said they will be aiming for youth from now on to help keep competitive while also balancing the books (much like Mr. Wenger) and I welcome this whole heartedly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Thiago silva is one of the 2 foreign signings they are allowed to make. So while Dzeko and Hernanes would be great additions only one of them would be able to be registered and the other would sit out competitive games like thiago silva and pato before them. I would like to see Dzeko in the team but I think Pato and Borriello are a great partnership and its works really well as they both flourished when kaka was out injured around the turn of the year. so while the defense looks like it is set providing everyone stays fit i think i would prefer hernanes to spend a year getting used to the style of play and have Dzeko come in and play a 4-3-3 type system with Pato, Borriello, Dzeko playing ahead of Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

That 4-3-3 is very one dimensional though, Boriello is a target man and not suited to it, although Pato and Dzeko can skin players and run the channels as well as anyone.

If Milan offlaod a foreign player they free up a spot and apparently to do this they are offering Dida as part of the Dzeko deal, which would leave space for Hernanes. Also Miranda could be signed and loaned to Teristina or Parma for a season so as not to miss too many games (Thaigo Silva and Pato only missed 4 months each, and infact Pato wasnt a foreign player issue slot, he was 17 when signed and non-eu players cant play for eu teams before the age of 18).

Losign Kaka was horrible and I'm still really angry about it, but it also knocks €175k a week off the wage bill, Thaigo Silva is on barely 20% of that, pato gets about 35k a week, Cisschoko will be on less than 30k, if Dida is moved on thats another 65k a week freed up, maldinis 50k is open now, Flavali's 25k is open, Emersons 40k is open since he is goneso thats roughy €355k per week in wgaes saved which is 18.46 million a year, massive savings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I wouldn't be too hopeful about Miranda or Hernanes after this
    Sao Paolo are sarcastic on Milan's chances of signing Miranda and Hernanes. “Everyone knows they're broke.”

The Rossoneri have been linked with both Brazilian talents, but the rumoured offer of £20m for the pair is seen as insulting.

“Let's wait a minute,” joked technical director Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes on Globoesporte.

“I need to find out how much a crate of bananas is worth, as that is how much they want to give us for both players.

“We know that Milan ended the season in the red and not even the £60m from Kaka's sale to Real Madrid was enough to balance the books.”

The actual price-tags proposed by Sao Paolo are far greater for the Brazilian talents.

“Miranda has a buy-out clause worth £11m, while to buy Hernanes you need at least £35m,” added the director.

“If an offer does come for our two players, it is more likely to arrive from Spain, as their clubs are financially stronger.”

He's just trying to push up the price, nobody will pay more than 18-20 for Hernanes and it's very doubtfull anyone will meet the 11 million buyout for Miranda either.

If Milan are willing to pay 25 million for Dzeko and have just dropped 12 million (reportedly) on Cissohko then they are hardly broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

What is Leonardo's preferred formation and tactical style like?

Will he play his team narrow like his predecessor? Maybe even bring in a 4-2-2-2 Magic Square ala Brazil '94 ?

Exciting times at the San Siro!

• Advertisement

Channel4.com/sport/football_italia

Dzeko is in reach, says Galliani
    Monday 15 June, 2009

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has revealed Wolfsburg are willing to sell star striker Edin Dzeko after all.

The 23-year-old Bosnia international, who scored 32 goals in 34 games last season, is also wanted by Arsenal.

Last week, amid interest from Milan, Wolfsburg issued a statement saying Dzeko is not for sale at any price.

Unperturbed, the Rossoneri continued to negotiate and now appear to have a chance of landing the Bundesliga Player of the Year.

“Our market is actually as follows,” Galliani told Telelombardia. “We followed Cissokho for a year, and we already have Thiago Silva with us.

“The next objective is Dzeko on whom we await the moves of Wolfsburg. The argument that he is not for sale has been overcome.

“However, if he were not to come to Milan we would need a player of similar characteristics,” Galliani concluded.

Milan are currently in a phase of reconstruction after the sale of Kaka and retirement of Paolo Maldini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Gattuso to Chelsea?

Doesn't look the same player since his knee injury, would be tempted to sell.

MILAN.COM - A.C. Milan announces that they have sold Luca Antonelli to F.C. Parma on a definite contract and Pierre Aubameyang, on loan with the option to sign him at the end of the season, to Lille. A.C. Milan also announces to have purchased from Treviso Gianmarco Zigoni and on a co-ownership deal the player Giacomo Beretta from Albinoleffe.

Luca is a vbery good player and will do a great job for Parma but he wasn't up to it at the level Milan are aiming for, very soild left full and as good going forward as defending, IMHO this is a sweetner for the Palochi co-ownersip agreement (as in, we give you Luca and add a year to the co-ownership deal and in return you agree not to bid for Palochi's contract next summer).

The other two are very promising young players who were probably, along with Palochi, the pick of the youngesters in Seire B last season, don't know how involved they will be but always nice to have good young players around the first team.

Also, Darmain, albertazzi, Mihaylov, Viudez and Cardacio are all Leo's babies so they should be in and about the squad, with Abate back aswell.

Can't seem to find any news on Luca Antonelli but Maldino said in an interview last year he rates him very highly and he had an ok season at parma.

Gattuso to Chelsea?

Doesn't look the same player since his knee injury, would be tempted to sell.

won't happen tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Seaneh wrote: »
    won't happen tbh.

Yea true.He hasent played for a whole season either,he will get back to his best,he is to stubborn not to!

This I cant understand,first Dzeko deal is off,then Cissokhos.Then talk of buying Ade from Arsenal,then Luis Fabiano for 30 odd million,not this:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul1v.html

The only positive thing about the Real Madrid spending spree is Milan have first preference on any players leaving the Bernabau(Sp?)due to the great relationship between Perez and Galliani.

This could mean Huntelaar,Robben and a number of other players might become available over the coming weeks.

The club needs 3-4 new signings at least to be competitive next season.

We have already signed to highly rated youngsters:Giacomo Beretta from Albinoleffe and Gianmarco Zigoni from Treviso.

• Advertisement

Yea true.He hasent played for a whole season either,he will get back to his best,he is to stubborn not to!

This I cant understand,first Dzeko deal is off,then Cissokhos.Then talk of buying Ade from Arsenal,then Luis Fabiano for 30 odd million,not this:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul1v.html

The only positive thing about the Real Madrid spending spree
    is Milan have first preference on any players leaving the Bernabau(Sp?)due to the great relationship between Perez and Galliani.

This could mean Huntelaar,Robben and a number of other players might become available over the coming weeks.

The club needs 3-4 new signings at least to be competitive next season.

We have already signed to highly rated youngsters:Giacomo Beretta from Albinoleffe and Gianmarco Zigoni from Treviso.

Yeah Milan should have first option on any departing real players (I'll have a wesley thanks, and a Klass if it's going!) due to Perez and Galianni's friendship and the general good relations between the clubs.

As for the last part of your post, I already mentioned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Yeah Milan should have first option on any departing real players (I'll have a wesley thanks, and a Klass if it's going!) due to Perez and Galianni's friendship and the general good relations between the clubs.

As for the last part of your post, I already mentioned it.

Yeah,they would be 2 great signings,if Gago was thrown in aswell I wouldent complain.

I wouldent have minded Paloschi coming back(isent he staying on 1 more season at Parma)

I only seen that in your post after!Late night:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Crouch to Milan:D
    Looks like they're using their Kaka money wisely

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Crouch to Milan:D
    Looks like they're using their Kaka money wisely
    In fairness, he's underrated, but there's no way he's of the Milan calibre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

In fairness, he's underrated, but there's no way he's of the Milan calibre.
    He's a great player to have on the bench. When Liverpool were playing Milan in the Champions League they were apparently worried about Crouch, they didn't know how to defend against him.

Massimo Ambrosini has signed a contract extension and been named the new Captain.

Good news!

Also, Milan have agreed a fee with Real soe Klaas but there is a hold up as Milan wasnt him on an initial one season loan with the option to buy at the end and real just want an all out sale.

Hmmmm... not sure about this one but, meh, better than nothing!
    from acmilan.com
    AC Milan announces to have signed defender OGUCHI ONYEWU, from Standard Liege, at the end of his contract. The player, who played the American national team, is also in possession of the Belgian passport and signed a contract which expires on June 30 2012. This operation proves once again the excellent friendship between our club and Standard Liege, and in particular, with vice president Luciano D'Onofrio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've actually seen him play a bit, I think he's a good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

He's not up to Milan or Italian standards for a defender though.
    They must be really broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, really didn't look great in England, though i suppose that was at Newcastle who have an incredible ability to ruin defenders...

I like the guy though, plenty of heart and not afraid to put his body on the line.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    He's not up to Milan or Italian standards for a defender though.
    They must be really broke.

Or decided to take a player from a feeder club on a free transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Or decided to take a player from a feeder club on a free transfer?

Except what's the point? Wasting wages on a player who isn't up to it.

He's on 10k a week, there was no transfer fee, he just had a very good tournament and will be a good 5th choice centreback.

Why wouldn't they sign him? He's a hell of a lot better than Senderos!

Ripped from goal.com

I'd only make one change.

Dida won two Champions leagues saving 3 peneltys in one of the finals, he was, for about 4 years, one of the best in the champions league and then decended back into the madness which he origionally came from.

I'm gonna add 7 subs too (because it can).

GK: Dida (because Christian gets the nod in this team)
    DF: Stam
    DF: Kaladze
    MF: Ambrosini
    MF: Serginho
    MF: Rui Costa
    FW: Giladrino

Anyway, here's the team some lad from goal.com picked and a little write up about it.

AC Milan Team Of The Decade 2000-2010
    As we approach 2010, Goal.com's Gil Gillespie selects his Milan best XI from the past decade...
    14 Jul 2009 21:50:55
    Champions League, Maldini celebrates (Foto Grazia Neri)
    Photo Gallery
    Zoom
    Champions League, Maldini celebrates (Foto Grazia Neri)
    Related Links
    Teams

* Milan

Some might say that the first ten years of the 21st Century have not been particularly memorable for Milan. The decade could, perhaps, be defined as the one that saw the crown of the most successful club side of the modern age begin to slip.

The Rossoneri have only lifted one scudetto since the year 2000, they were embroiled up to their necks in the Calciopoli scandal, they somehow lost a Champions League final to a vastly inferior Liverpool side despite going in at half-time with a three goal lead and they have just sold their best attacking player to Real Madrid, even though he made it perfectly clear that he didn't want to go.

But, while city rivals Inter have dominated domestically, Milan have continued to shine on the European stage. Two Champions League titles, two UEFA Super Cups and one FIFA Club World Cup isn't a bad return for a team supposedly going downhill.

Christian Abbiati (1998-2005) (2008-)

To include a goalkeeper who has never even established himself as the club's number one might seem a little absurd but the 31-year-old fascist sympathiser is the best of a pretty unconvincing trio. When all you have is Dida and Kalac for competition, it's pretty inevitable that you will come out on top. Abbiati made his debut in Serie A in 1999 and became Milan's first choice between the posts for four years, until he lost his starting spot to the aforementioned Dida early in the 2002-2003 campaign. Loan spells with Juventus, Torino and Atletico Madrid allowed the disastrous Brazilian to step up to the plate and promptly start dropping the ball. Over and over again.

Cafu (2003–2008)

Not so much a right-back as a nuclear powered high speed intercontinental super train with a grin on its face. One of six children, Marcos Evangelista de Moraes grew up in the broken alleys of a Sao Paolo shanty town and soon realised that football was going to be his only way out. 'Il Pendolino ' didn't arrive in Italy until he was 27-years-old. Six relentlessly impressive seasons with Roma were followed by five almost as consistent years at the San Siro and Cafu was able to retire safe in the knowledge that there has not been a better right-sided wing-back anywhere in the world in the last ten years.

Alessandro Nesta (2002-)

Probably the most cultured central defender of the century so far, Nesta has exuded an unflappable air of calm assurance ever since he joined the Rossoneri from Lazio in 2002. And, while injury and personal misfortune have blighted his career at both club and international level, he would walk into any best team of the decade back four. Nesta is an almost flawless defender, who's impeccable technique means he could have played anywhere on the pitch. But game after game, season after season, he remains forever disciplined, forever selfless, a master of the defensive arts and not someone who ever crosses the half-way line.

Alessandro Costacurta (1986–2007)

Ray Wilkins once said that he thought Costacurta would have looked more at home on a film set than a football pitch and it's easy to see why. Playing the role of good cop to Franco Baresi's ball-busting Magnum Force, 'Billy', as he is known to everyone except his mum, tended to breeze through games with the air of someone who wasn't all that keen on messing up his hair. But this foppish demeanour concealed undeniably brilliance. Seven Serie A titles, five Champions League's, four UEFA Super Cups and one Coppa Italia says it all. And he gets a mention in the pilot episode of Father Ted.

Paolo Maldini (1985-2009)
    What is there left to say about the extraordinary career of the greatest left-back in the history of the game? Having spent his entire club career in the red and black number 3 shirt, Maldini spent a record-breaking 25 years in the first team. In that time, he won seven Serie A championships, one Coppa Italia, five Supercoppa Italiana, five UEFA Champions League's, five UEFA Super Cups, two Intercontinental Cups and one FIFA World Club Cup. All this, and the looks of a matinee idol. Milan may take a while to learn how to walk again without him around.

Andrea Pirlo (2001-)

Andrea Pirlo is a unique footballer in more ways than one. The son of a wealthy industrialist, Pirlo spent the early part of his career as a trequartista but Carlo Ancelotti had the vision, and the courage, to turn this most gifted of talents into a deep-lying playmaker. Pirlo has never looked back. No other player of his type fills a similar role in the game. And yet, for both club and country, he has become utterly indispensable, dictating the direction, tempo and shape of the play. Gennaro Gattuso put it best when he said, "When I see what Andrea can do with the ball, I have to ask myself whether I am a footballer".

Gennaro Gattuso (1999-)

If Pirlo carves beautiful shapes on the football field, Gattuso is there to destroy them. Energetic to the point of carelessness, the pit-bull of the Milan midfield charges about the place with scant regard for his, or his opponents, safety. He snaps into tackles, hassles and harries and generally disrupts the merest hint of comfortable possession with a passion that goes above and beyond the call of duty. If there were walls on the pitch, he would run through them. One Scudetto, two Champions League's, two UEFA Super Cups, one FIFA World Club Cup, one Coppa Italia and the small matter of a World Cup suggest he has taken what was Rangers boss Walter Smith's idea and made it fly.

Clarence Seedorf (2002-)

The only player to win the UEFA Champions League with three different clubs, the Suriname-born Dutch superstar seems to have been at the top of the game for about 100 years. It is almost impossible to think of Seedorf as a coltish 16-year-old making his debut for Ajax back in the early nineties. Sampdoria, briefly, then Real Madrid, Inter and finally, Milan followed, as he left his own personal footprint all over the European game. Granted, he does have off-days and his long-range shooting suggests he may be someone who believes he is more capable than he actually is, but when he finds his groove he can dominate and win games like few other midfielders.

Kaka (2003-2009)

He may have arrived as part of the South American heritage that gave us Zico, Rivaldo and Ronaldhinho but the boy named as a result of his kid brother's inability to pronounce the word 'Ricardo' is a very different kind of Brazilian. Kaka's most devastating feature is to run, at pace, with the ball at his feet. And when he's in full flow, he is virtually unstoppable. He drifts instead of dribbles, leaning one way, then the other, sprinkling little seeds of uncertainty into the collective minds of the opposition, as subtle and as dynamic as a breeze.

Andriy Shevchenko (1999–2006) (2008–2009)

Before he became a spare part of a striker with an allergy to putting the ball in the back of the net at Chelsea, this skinny-looking Ukrainian spent a considerable amount of time being the most lethal finisher on the planet. 175 goals in 324 appearances for Milan make him the clubs second all-time top scorer, one place behind fearsome Swedish thunderbolt Gunnar Nordahl. Shevchenko's biggest strengths were his ultra sophisticated interpretation of the play and his chillingly clinical eye for goal. The angled patterns of the Rossoneri suited him perfectly.

Filippo Inzaghi (2001-)

'Super Pippo' is probably the last of the great goal-hanging strikers, a genuine 100 per cent maverick. Half elbows and half knees, he has spent the whole of his career poised on the shoulder of the last defender, waiting for his moment to pounce. When it comes to making off-the-ball angled runs, there is no-one better, perhaps ever. His jagged scurries into the box have been one of the defining features of European football in the 21st Century. As have the number of offside decisions given against him. His goalscoring record, in case you didn't know, is phenomenal. No-one loves scoring goals as much as Inzaghi. Great goals, average goals, fluky goals, vital goals, meaningless goals, headers, shin kicks, tap-ins, he celebrates each one in the same euphoric manner.

Abbiati
    ---Cafu-Nesta-Costacurta-Maldini---

Pirlo

Gattuso
    Seedorf

Kaka

Shevchenko
    Inzaghi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Rumours that Galliani is trying to buyout Berlusconi
    Reports suggest Adriano Galliani could be trying to buy Milan from Silvio Berlusconi in a bid to alleviate the club's financial problems.

The Rossoneri have come under a lot of stick this summer for making just one signing despite selling Kaka to Real Madrid for £56m.

Fans have staged protests expressing their view that Berlusconi can no longer be seen to invest in the team, as he is Italy's Prime Minister.

According to Tuttosport, Galliani is prepared to head an Israeli group of investors who are ready to inject a lot of money into the team.

Galliani has been Berlusconi's right-hand man at Milan since 1986.

He is now the club's Vice-President, though it is widely accepted that he runs the club, as Berlusconi can no longer be in charge because of conflict of interest laws.
    Personally I think it could be good for them as it seems that Berlusconi is losing interest in the club and they could probably do with a bit of money at the moment too. It would be a shame to see Milan go into further decline, which could happen if Berlusconi keeps up the way he is, and I think Galliani would be a good choice as he knows the club very well. What do Milan fans think about the current situation and the possibility of Galliani heading a takeover?

I don't know if Adriano has the cash needed.

If however, his Israeli friends do, then I welcome our jewish overloard.

Shalom Friends!

Massimo Ambrosini has signed a contract extension and been named the new Captain.

Good news!
    :eek:

I don't know about that. He did well last season, but he's 32 and been nothing more than a useful backup player before that.

Ronaldinho just stinks so badly these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

gettin hammered 3-0 by inter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

mink_man wrote: »
    gettin hammered 3-0 by inter!

Finished 4-0, didn't see it were they that bad or inter that good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I would say Mee-lan were pants.
    Ronaldinho did a few flicks that didn't come off at 0-0. After inter scored wouldn't even know he was on the pitch. Gatusso single handedly lost you the game with 2 crazy challenges, one gave away a peno, the other about 3 minutes later got himself sent off. The thing was, he was injured and about to be subbed, he got the second yellow when seedorf was warming up!
    Nothing could be done about stankovic's shot.

seaneh, you support the luckiest team in the world this season.

After 92 minutes of playing horseshít against Catania, the scoreline looked as if it would stay 0-0. Up steps Huntelaar who not only scores in the 92nd minute, but the 94th as well.

So where do Milan go from here now?

Core Players
    Nesta
    Thago Silva
    Ambrosini
    Pirlo
    Pato
    Jankulovski

Back-up Players Worth Keeping
    Seedorf
    Zambrotta
    Abate
    Bonera
    Borriello

Get-rid
    Ronaldinho (he has just cost Milan far too many games, is lazy and is paid a fortune)
    Huntelaar (just doesn't look up to playing at the highest level)
    Flamini (he just hasn't delivered)
    Abbiati/Dida (neither are good enough back-up, let alone first choice players!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Sad to see such dross wearing the black and red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sad to see such dross wearing the black and red.

Gibson is poor enough alright. :p

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Wanna send Mathieu back for a refund? :pac:

Leonardo has left my mutual consent, supposedly. Not a huge surprise, but I think it's almost certainly a mistake. I really don't know how the board could have expected much more than 3rd place when they had Kaka replaced by the woeful Huntelaar, and none of the Kaka transfer fee reinvested.

So where do Milan go from here now?

Core Players
    Nesta
    Thago Silva
    Ambrosini
    Pirlo
    Pato
    Jankulovski

Back-up Players Worth Keeping
    Seedorf
    Zambrotta
    Abate
    Bonera
    Borriello

Get-rid
    Ronaldinho (he has just cost Milan far too many games, is lazy and is paid a fortune)
    Huntelaar (just doesn't look up to playing at the highest level)
    Flamini (he just hasn't delivered)
    Abbiati/Dida (neither are good enough back-up, let alone first choice players!)

How many games did you watch?!?!

KEEP JANKU?!?! he's had a terrible season!

Ronaldinho was our best player all feckign year!

I'd ship Zambrotta out in the morning but nobody will take a slow lazy right back on 90k a week off our hands.

Flamini has done ok when he's had a string of games, but he hasn't had a strong of games.

You don't even list Reno in There.

Abbiatti has been good when he has played but he's injured all the fecking time. Dida's contract is up he should be let leave. Same for Favalli and Pippo, favalli is terrible and althought Pippo might still have somehting to offer his wages are far too high.

Milan aren't paying Ronaldinho anything near the 190k a week that is being reported, he is paid roughly the same as Pirlo and as such, his wages aren't that bad, he's def played a lot better than Pirlo this season anyway.

What we need is two fullbacks, a world class striker and some natural width in midfield.

Kolarov from Lazio would be a good signing for left full.

I haven't a clue who we could try for at right full.

Dzeko is the obvious target as far as strikers are concerned but we need to sell one of Borriello or Huntelaar to be able to afford him and to be honest I don't care which one it is, Huntelaar has scored when he has played, he just hasn't been played very much.

The way I see the team looking next season is this.

Abbiati
    Zambro---Nesta---Thiago---XXXX
    Pirlo

Reno----Ambro

Ronaldinho----
    ----Pato

XXXXX

Bench:
    Storari
    Antonini
    Bonera
    Flamini
    Abbate
    Seedorf
    Huntelaar/Borriello (whichever isn't sold).

I reckon we should take Palochi back from Parma and Astori back from Calgari. Keep Onyewu and ship Kaladz, Favalli and Oddo out of the club.

We have Yepes coming in as a back up Cd too so that would be Nesta, Silva, Bonera, Yepes and Astori as CB's with Albertazzi looking like a good prospect if we have a serious run of injuries.

We really need a proper shopping session but it won't happen.

I'd like us to go for someone like Krasic to offer something different out wide but again, I don't see it happening.

Wanna send Mathieu back for a refund? :pac:

Sawp him for Clichy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

• Advertisement

Tassotti.

Advertisement