Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End Of Season Play-Offs?

• 14-06-2009 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can give me an update on what's happening next?

So I finished top of my league in IV and I finished 21st in the "promotion tables" (well above the middle line), so I presumed this meant I got automatic promotion into division III?

Now the league is in play-offs..

So my question is, do I, regardless of the outcome of the play-ffs get promoted to division III?

If not, does whoever wins the play-offs get promoted?

And if so, then what's the point in the "promotion table"?

What happens next? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

From what I can figure, the promotion tables are meaningless before the playoffs. Only after the playoffs are done, can you see who will autopromote and who will have to have a qualifier against a relefated team.
    I.e, you may not autopromote now, but if a few above you get knocked out and you win your playoff you still might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

If you are top, you will play the fourth placed team at home on Friday, and if you win that, the winner of the other play-off at home the next day.

If you win that, you win the league, and if you above the auto-promote line you promote without having to play another game. If you are below you will have to play another game to get promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Thanks Orzio. I won my league and am thinking about playing WNWIM/normally for the first match against 4th place so that I have a better chance in the second match. Who thinks I'm mad?

Defintely don't play WNWIM, if you have a significantly higher CSR level and fancy your chances then play Normally. Don't blame me if you lose though. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Thanks Orzio. I won my league and am thinking about playing WNWIM/normally for the first match against 4th place so that I have a better chance in the second match. Who thinks I'm mad?

dont think your mad. just did a bit of homework myself on the 4th place team im playing and i should destroy them even with WNWIM but seeing as the players get extra energy boost for play-offs im gonna stick with normal and hopefully LTNT for final.

• Advertisement

Cheers guys.... what percentage do you drop when you play LTNT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

You lose 20% if you play LTNT from your 100%, you GAIN 20% if you play WNWIM and you gain 10% if you play normally and are under the 100%. - As far as I know anyway...

But I'm on 80%, so will play normal in first play-off game (beat them 78 - 3 away from home earlier in the season, but still not going to take the chance!! :p Who know's what signings they've made) and gonna play LTNT in the final. I SHOULD win that, especially as it's at home, and I'm already above the promotion line, so should go up then....fingers crossed.

What time is the game on Sat? Cause I'm out Friday night and don't want to forget to put LTNT for the sat game on!! :eek:

Thanks Jackass.... the cut-offs for changes seems to be tomorrow, 4.30pm for team and 5.30om for tactics. Seems like you should get sorted tonight.

GL in your match

Best of luck at the play-offs everyone, I am in two, but wouldn't mind staying in Div 4 for another season so I can work no my squad.

Just over 2 hours to kick off.... who else is getting excited????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Yeah I am really looking forward to the game tonite.

I only finished 4th so have to play the guys who finished top.

I played them last week however on normal mode and beat them 18-16 with a try and conversion with 4 mins to go. I am hoping that LTNT should do the trick a little easier.

Good luck to all !!

how is everyones semi finals going? half time and im up 17-3. thought it would be more considering i put 50+ points on them both times in the league.

I'm confused, I finished first in IV.24, and I am playing the semis at the moment.

When do I have this promotion playoff match?

25-7 to me at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

you have to win the final before you get the playoff game.
    I'm winning 20-0, very suprised, when i played them in the league it was very close.

I'm confused, I finished first in IV.24, and I am playing the semis at the moment.

When do I have this promotion playoff match?

25-7 to me at the moment!

you have to win the play-off final and depending whether you were above or below the auto-promotion line you'll have to play that last play-off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Anyone else finding that sub poor teams that ud already put 50 points on during the league are now mustering up huge comeback challenges ? 21-17 to at the moment and im biting my nails!

I'm winning both games easily.

51-7 to me there at the end.

Orizio wrote: »
    I'm winning both games easily.

both games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Through to the final, no problems.:D

• Advertisement

both games?

Oh sorry, did I say 'both'? Typo, I do apologise. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Orizio wrote: »
    Oh sorry, did I say 'both'? Typo, I do apologise. :)

Nice recovery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,873 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Strolled into the final with a comfortable 44-12 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Yup, into final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Good luck to everyone in today's final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Stev_o wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone in today's final.

You too

only 0 0 48 43 to go :-)
    DAYS HRS MINS SECS

Winning yet again. :cool: