Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taste of Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I'm with daRobot on this one. Not that I wish the venture to fail or anything but I certainly wouldn't go myself. Paying €30 entry and then being sold overpriced food samples by restaurants who are promoting themselves at the event? Not a chance.

I've spoken to a lot of people who have gone. The feedback was the same universally - great day out, far too expensive.

Either bring the cost of tickets down to a nominal fee and charge the going rate for samples or increase the ticket price and make the samples free so at least people have some perception of the value they're getting.

I'm a foodie. I spend a lot eating out, albeit generally not not in the establishments promoting themselves at this event. I'm the target market for a lot of these restaurants and yet I have no interest in attending Taste of Dublin. So yes, in my opinion it's not a good business model for an event unless you're not looking past immediate revenue generation as your barometer.

That pretty much sums it up for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I've been for the last three years and I will be going next year if they run it. It's an absolutely fantastic day out, I love the idea that I can sample numerous restaurants without having to commit to a €50+ restaurant bill each. The vibe is wonderful and relaxed! Don't knock it until you've tried it! LOVED the Beck Vier tasting this year, fun and informative!

I get half price tickets every year. Sign up to their newsletter here: http://www.tasteofdublin.ie/ and they will send you codes close to when they go on sale. They don't really bombard you with spam, just 2-3 emails a year around June/July.

I was at Taste of Christmas last year and will be going again this year, nice event, not as wonderful as ToD but great Christmasy atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Lollymcd wrote: »
    I've been for the last three years and I will be going next year if they run it. It's an absolutely fantastic day out, I love the idea that I can sample numerous restaurants without having to commit to a €50+ restaurant bill each. The vibe is wonderful and relaxed! Don't knock it until you've tried it! LOVED the Beck Vier tasting this year, fun and informative!

I get half price tickets every year. Sign up to their newsletter here: http://www.tasteofdublin.ie/ and they will send you codes close to when they go on sale. They don't really bombard you with spam, just 2-3 emails a year around June/July.

I was at Taste of Christmas last year and will be going again this year, nice event, not as wonderful as ToD but great Christmasy atmosphere.

That's a fair endorsement but it hardly refutes the fact that Taste of Dublin is grossly overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Everyone's opinion on what "overpriced" is is different! I thought it was value for money!

Advertisement