Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**Dun laoghaire college uniforms**

• 14-06-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

does anybody know where i could get the uniform at a cheaper price???im starting the nail technician course but the prices for everything are insane!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

If you can just wear any nondescript uniform there are plenty of sites out there where you can find something.

I found these on google.
    http://www.buttercupsuniforms.com/
    http://www.healthandbeautywear.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

they have to be the buttercups ones, but it adds up to 119euro for my uniform alone you know and then my nail kit is 360euro its crazy money :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

You don't need 2 pairs of trousers or the jacket, don't bother getting it.
    The tunics, yes you'll need 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sahrs

Did a course in scd last year, and doing the nail tech course this year! You dont need to buy the trousers..they're crap!! They dont have a waistband so are always falling down which make them too long n then your walking on the ends and they get destroyed and the zip broke on mine. Go to pennys for your trousers! You have to get the shoes, the tops, and i think they're might be a tabaird on the list aswell.u need all these. theres a fleece aswell which i do reccommed but you dont need to get if you really dont want to.

i got everything anyway because i got money from social welfare for going bak to college so not so bad!!!i'm looking forward to starting this year cant wiat!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

Hi there, could I ask how the Social Welfare helped you, I'm going back to college next month and am on Welfare myself. Tks a mill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

SuperTyper wrote: »
    Hi there, could I ask how the Social Welfare helped you, I'm going back to college next month and am on Welfare myself. Tks a mill.

SuperTyper, you will get more information from the State Benefits forum. :)

i applied for the back to education scheme where you get a 500euro cheque when you start and you keep your dole payment every week too!!just go into your local office and theyll sort you out!!hope this helps!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

Tks a mill. I dont qualify for the BTEA but I do qualify for VTOS. Tks again;)

Advertisement