Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fastest way to get 2nd provisional? please help!!

• 14-06-2009 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi

I've got my driving test next week and my provisional runs out the day before. Whats the quickest way to get my new one. I live in Dublin and can get to the motor tax office in Smithfield easily enough. Is that the correct place to go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

It is, yes. I got my second provisional from the motor tax office in cork, in and out in 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭looking4advice

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I live in Dublin and can get to the motor tax office in Smithfield easily
    The MTO there doesn't do 'over the counter' applications as a rule but perhaps if you plead you case they may look after you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Cork hands them out over the counter but sadly pretty much everywhere else you have to beg. If you bring proof that your test is soon they might give it to you there and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

The receipt they give you for the licence/permit should be enough.

Its good enough for the gards so it should be good enough for the tester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

hobochris wrote: »
    The receipt they give you for the licence/permit should be enough.

Its good enough for the gards so it should be good enough for the tester.
    It may be good enough for the Gardai but, for a driving test, an actual Learner Permit is required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement