Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in Dublin

Options
  • 14-06-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Pardon my intrusion, but me and my friends are going to be in Dublin next weekend for the Britney concerts and we're staying at the North Star Hotel which is near Lower Sheriff St on the Ambiens St side and we were wondering what good clubs or even bars were around that area, seemingly it's near O'Connell St. We looked at Murray's Sports Bar lol.

I usually stay in Ballsbridge at the Four Seasons so not too familiar with this side of the city, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Cheers :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

There's a great new niteclub closeby (on Middle Abbey Street) called The Twisted Pepper. Well worth a visit.

But really it depends what kind of nightclub you're looking for - music/ age profile/ alcoholic index!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

There's a great new niteclub closeby (on Middle Abbey Street) called The Twisted Pepper. Well worth a visit.

But really it depends what kind of nightclub you're looking for - music/ age profile/ alcoholic index!

Thanks for the reponse! Well we're all between 20-23. Not really looking for an 18 year old, post leaving cert crowd. Music - cliche, but we're pop girls, coming after a Britney concert - something chart music based I suppose. We drink, but not alcoholics - we're a bit more respectable than the average bodycon, short skirt hiked up, fake tanned plastered on wearing girls but we're not prudes and want a good time, one night in Dublin :) Hope that helps narrow it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The north star is close enough to temple bar area where their is plenty to choose from. The Church is a straight walk from the hotel down henry street but if your going straight from the concert just go towards temple bar.

And the four seasons is fairly different to the north star :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Davy wrote: »
    The north star is close enough to temple bar area where their is plenty to choose from. The Church is a straight walk from the hotel down henry street but if your going straight from the concert just go towards temple bar.

And the four seasons is fairly different to the north star :p

Well there's a big enough group and some aren't as well off as others, so we're accomodating to peoples needs!

The Churchlooks like a place in NYC I've read about, Avalon think it was. Anyways, cheers I'll check that site out!

Advertisement