Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm activity

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Some intense thunder activity around 4:30AM last night.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I travelled from Waterford to Mullinavat last night, saw a few strikes but not much. Took a back road to New Ross and the frequency was becoming more alongside heavy rain the closer I got. Drove towards Wexford and took another back road towards some sort of mountains - clearly getting closer as it was a lot stronger with heavy rain. Was great seeing the whole mountain light up. I didn't continue going as I wasn't familiar with the road and I was surrounded by trees (not knowing the safety rules). Headed back to Waterford via the main road and the storm was no more the further away I was.

At home in Tramore, I heard thunder in the early hours of the morning but was to tired to look to see how close the lightening was!

Likely to get much more?

The biggest threat of imported stuff moves to The northern half of leinster tonight.

Homegrown stuff could turn up anywhere this afternoon.
    Theres potential on monday to import some stuff from the East whilst at the same time some more benign atlantic rain flirts with the west.

The main interesting thing over the next week is the build up in heat-more on that in mt craniums thread.
    Of course if you see that happening and we import more humid and unstable air from the continent,then the fun and games start all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

in the last 30 minutes i had a couple of flashes of lightning and a rumble of thunder that was embedded in the trough, which is moving across from the east in a north westerly direction

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I was heading to Dublin last Fri morning and there was some lightning activity here around Kilkenny at 4 am approx. Very heavy rain at the same time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement