Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking a Sagem my150X from Tesco Mobile Ireland to use a Vodafone UK sim card

• 14-06-2009 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi all,

How can I get a Sagem my150X from Tesco Mobile Ireland to use a Vodafone UK sim card in it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Hi all,

How can I get a Sagem my150X from Tesco Mobile Ireland to use a Vodafone UK sim card in it?

Thanks
    Random wrote: »

Q: How can I unlock my phone?

A: There are many ways to unlock your phone;
    1. The simplest way is to call the network the phone is locked too and ask them for the unlocking code, for them to give you the unlock code you must have an account with them, and usually you must also have spent €120+ on the account since you got the phone. The best thing is to ring them, as they have given unlock codes to customers for a lot less, it all really depends on the network. And the 3 network have an extra fee of about €27, to cover administration fees.
    2. Phone unlocking shops, there are many of them in Ireland. They charge a variety of prices depending on the make & model of the phone that needs to be unlocked. It's usually cheaper to get a phone unlocked in a phone unlocking shop than paying €120+ to get your unlock code from the network. Phone unlocking shops use a variety of unlocking equipment to unlock phones including unlocking boxes, these connect to a PC and from the box a cable connects to your phone, like this. These unlocking boxes range from €200 up-wards, so it's not really economic to purchase one just to unlock one or two phones. The cost of unlocking a phone in an unlocking shop depends on the phone and the shop of course.
    3. X-Sim, Rebel Sim, Turbo Sim, Universal Sim etc. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_SIM & http://www.universal-sim.org/.
    4. For iPhone unlocking, please visit the Apple Media Devices forum.
    =====================

Q: Can I unlock my phone myself?

A: It depends on the make and model of your phone. It's a lot more difficult nowadays to get free unlocking codes, these days you can usually only get the unlock code from the network themselves. There are online sites who offer unlocking codes at a price, but be very wary of these, most of them will not be able to provide you with your unlock code at all and may not offer you a refund. Phone unlocking shops are usually the cheapest & fasted option.

Here is a list of sites you may find useful;

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement