Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fanny trouble

Options
  • 14-06-2009 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes nothin'.

One of the fans on my computer ain't spinning, it's plugged in and all and the switch it set to "L". I gave it a poke and it's not stiff or anything, just doesn't do it's job when the computer is turned on. I noticed it yesterday and figured it might be set to power saving, so it would come on if anything was overheating, but the compy just crashed and I'm fairly sure it was because the hard drive overheated. Anyone know what I should do? :S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

if there's a fan speed controller try switching it to high instead of low.
    Download speedfan and view your system temps.
    Check it's not blocked with dust or the like (had this problem with a PSU fan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Fanny trouble
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes nothin'.

One of the fans on my girls ain't spinning, it's plugged in and all and the switch it set to "L". I gave it a poke and it's not stiff or anything, just doesn't do it's job when the girl is turned on. I noticed it yesterday and figured it might be set to power saving, so it would come on if anything was overheating, but the girl just crashed and I'm fairly sure it was because the hard drive overheated. Anyone know what I should do? :S

Sorry i couldn't resist . :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

give your ould fanny a good blow and a cleanout, see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Wha?

Now im so disappointed:(

Thought it was something totally else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

post pics of the fans and connectors that might help us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Weidii wrote: »
    the compy just crashed and I'm fairly sure it was because the hard drive overheated. Anyone know what I should do? :S

do you mean 'hard drive' as in the entire tower? Anyway, a single fan would only cost about a tenner to replace for a fairly decent one, so it's not a crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

magick wrote: »
    post pics of the fannys that might help us

+1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Did you just edit that post there magick? lol.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Solitaire wrote: »
    Did you just edit that post there magick? lol.gif

LoL

No i just quoted him and edited the post for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

That title is so misleading, utterly disappointed :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Epic thread title :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hope that helps. Good luck with your trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

lol

most misleading thread title in boards history methinks!!

Advertisement