Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero Arcade

Options
  • 14-06-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed they put one into Dr Quirkey's during the week and i gotta say, i like it:) First time even holding anything resembling a guitar before and yes, learning to hit the notes at the right time screwed me over the first time, playing on easy i've managed a 200 note streak on one song, and gotten through Knights of Cydonia without crying in pain:P So any of you seen it yet, or played it somewhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

How much does it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Would be interested in checking one of these out, but i'd rather die than set foot into that sh*thole though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I used to go there....I remember seeing a very similar thing to guitar hero years ago...I havent played guitar hero so Im sure its much better than that thing they had...I remember they used to have a drumming machine thing like guitar hero aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

How much does it cost?
    1 euro for most of the songs, they have "premium" songs like Knights of Cydonia (i'd guess the 6min + songs) for 2euro. 2 Guitars too for challenges with your mates :)

GH and Tekken 6 are now the only reasons i have for going into the place, its a cesspool otherwise :(

1 euro for most of the songs, they have "premium" songs like Knights of Cydonia (i'd guess the 6min + songs) for 2euro. 2 Guitars too for challenges with your mates :)

Maybe i'm just REALLY out of touch with the arcade scene, but for 1-2 euros for 3 minutes of song, they can whistle for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You're nuts paying those prices to play GH3 songs in that dump.

If it's €1 for two players its ok otherwise its an absolute rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

For anybody that's interested:

I'd spend a fiver on it on a day out probably. I'm pretty good at expert and I usually attract a crowd when I play GH in public, which is always fun! I had like 7 or 8 people watching me play One in HMV in Grafton Street on GH Metallica. :p

For anybody that's interested:
    I'd spend a fiver on it on a day out probably. I'm pretty good at expert and I usually attract a crowd when I play GH in public, which is always fun! I had like 7 or 8 people watching me play One in HMV in Grafton Street on GH Metallica. :p

Haha last summer I was playing cliffs of dover in Gamestop and the manage was like "OMG Can you do that fire and flames song?" I got a few people watching that.

If anyone asks you how often you play it the answer is always "Eh just once or twice"

If anyone asks you how often you play it the answer is always "Eh just once or twice"

You twisted bastid. :D

• Advertisement

It's too bad they didn't put Through the Fire and Flames on the arcade version. They'd make a f*ckload from people attempting to pass the intro on expert.

It's too bad they didn't put Through the Fire and Flames on the arcade version. They'd make a f*ckload from people attempting to pass the intro on expert.

Ten minute songs would give too much value for money at one euro a pop :P

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Ten minute songs would give too much value for money at one euro a pop :P

2 euro for premiums,and theres about 10 people on the country who can pass it.

Jordan from GHII is actually harder to pass. Through the Fire and Flames is a piece of piss compared to it. I've managed to pass both though. :P

Jordan from GHII is actually harder to pass. Through the Fire and Flames is a piece of piss compared to it. I've managed to pass both though. :P

5 starred both :p

5 starred both :p

Prick. ;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

5 starred both too... I would hope anyone who says they're "good at GH/RB" type games would be able to at least finish the songs at call...

Dark Onion,we need to pfo sometime. I still need to get my 360 back though and I'll be going to England for the weekend.

Cedom, my guitar playing is so rusty now, that it's not even funny! I've fully migrated to drums, BUT, just for you, I'm going to train back and become the very best! Catch 'em all! Wait, wrong game :P

So a general question i'm gonna pose here: how much time/effort would it take to migrate through each level of difficulty in GH? I dont even own a console anymore but say i did, and had the game+guitar...?

• Advertisement

I completed medium the day I got it. The biggest wall is learning to use the fifth button for hard. When you finish hard you can pretty much move straight to expert.

So a general question i'm gonna pose here: how much time/effort would it take to migrate through each level of difficulty in GH? I dont even own a console anymore but say i did, and had the game+guitar...?

Hrm, i think it all boils down to peserverence and learning the skill involved, once you up from medium, you learn about hammer ons, and pull offs and learning to use star power/overdrive at the right time. But once you stick with it, it really doesn't take too long to up a level.

Expert on the other hand, good luck!

Some people have a natural rhythm, I started on hard, and was up to expert in about a month, but some people will never move past medium.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Some people have a natural rhythm
    Totally agree here, some people have an innate talent that has ensured they get to the top of their game, whatever that may be. Just look at musicians like Matt Bellamy from Muse...gifted is not the word to describe him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

had a bash of this today there in some arcades in london...frickin guitars are heavy as **** and I'm not sure if i'm rusty or not used to standing and playing but **** did I miss quite a few notes :(

good fun tho for a pound!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've only done a couple of tracks on hard in GH, it's just not fun then though. Got a bit further through hard on RB, but again gets too annoying after a bit so I go back to medium where I can actually have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

i got 1000/1000 points on gh3 after a year so i must be the best here on boards

Would you like to post your live id so we could verify that please? :)

i got 1000/1000 points on gh3 after a year so i must be the best here on boards

A lofty claim that I'm sure Cedom, or even I, would have great fun crushing. (mainly cedom though :P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

not puting it up because like a fool a put my real name as my id

Advertisement